Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Afghanistan

Originally posted by PFC Nothstein
    what i found is that the U.N. is running it, but i heard somewhere that China really owns it. it's collateral for the debt they are buying from us.
    Same response: The U.N. owns U.S. federal land? Do tell. Source?

Just because you get one of those "the barbarians are at the gates" panic spams doesn't make it so...

Comment

Well I don't know were you heard about a pull out in 2011, but my recruiter told me after I get out of bct, ait and airborn school the summer of 2011 Ohio National guard is preparing for a major deployment. Looking for all combat related mos's. It is going to be over for a while,and don't worry if you don't get to go to Afghanistan I'm sure we will be in Korea very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
        At 100 dead a month we will. The American public is already tired of this war. I give it till 2015.
        At Antietam 23,000 Americans died in 12 hours.

If we leave before the country is stable than everything was for naught.

It's just like Iraq, everyone said it wouldn't work, and it is.

The reality is that the resistance for continuance is minimal. People are no longer blocking recruitment offices, or standing on the side of the road in protest. Infact recruitment is going very well, and retention. We have a highly motivated fighting force.

We're going to stay the course. But who knows. You may be right.
        Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Afghanistan isn't Iraq, many have tried to tame astan, none have succeded. We will leave like the Russians before us and the British before that.

Times are differen't, mass casualities are not acceptable and this is an all volunteer army. You can lose more with a draftee army and still have men, we only have a limited number of americans willing to enlist. No one will enlist if they know they will most likely die.

Comment

No one will enlist if they know they will most likely die.
            True, but nothing in Afghanistan indicates that anyone heading over there will "most likely die." That's just silly.

Comment

True but I was replying to many peoples opinion that we lost way more men in other wars and still won. Those wars were fought with draftee Armies is what many people tend to overlook in their comparisions.

Comment

True but I was replying to many peoples opinion that we lost way more men in other wars and still won. Those wars were fought with draftee Armies is what many people tend to overlook in their comparisions.
                You make a good point, you really can't compare Afghanistan to Vietnam, or any other war, not in a exact way atleast.

Comment

Afghanistan isn't Iraq, many have tried to tame astan, none have succeded. We will leave like the Russians before us and the British before that.

Times are differen't, mass casualities are not acceptable and this is an all volunteer army. You can lose more with a draftee army and still have men, we only have a limited number of americans willing to enlist. No one will enlist if they know they will most likely die.
                  WWI total casualites was around 39 million, and WWII was around 60+ million. War is not a good thing; However, sometimes it is a necessity. Basic principal good vs. evil. Today the military has no problems filling the ranks or making mission in recruiting.

If the POTUS needed bodies all he would have to do is say the word! Americans always answer the call when "lady liberty" calls. Tens of millions would step up just like your Grandfathers father did.

Times have change but one thing hasn't when our country calls for us WE COME RUNNING

What we really need is a "Woodrow Wilson and a Black Jack Pershing"! Our civilian leaders need to turn lose the "dogs of war" and take the politics and the enbedded media out of the war zone.

I'll guarantee you'll see progress in ASTAN.

Comment

Afghanistan isn't Iraq, many have tried to tame astan, none have succeded.
                    Did you just make a contradiction? You just told us you can't compare it to any other war, then you talked about how none have succeeded.

Comment

I think you could compare our attempt to the Russians except we are doing it wayy better than them and they aren't funded our ***** with weapons and money.

No comparison to other American wars of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                        WWI total casualites was around 39 million, and WWII was around 60+ million. War is not a good thing; However, sometimes it is a necessity. Basic principal good vs. evil. Today the military has no problems filling the ranks or making mission in recruiting.

If the POTUS needed bodies all he would have to do is say the word! Americans always answer the call when "lady liberty" calls. Tens of millions would step up just like your Grandfathers father did.

Times have change but one thing hasn't when our country calls for us WE COME RUNNING

What we really need is a "Woodrow Wilson and a Black Jack Pershing"! Our civilian leaders need to turn lose the "dogs of war" and take the politics and the enbedded media out of the war zone.

I'll guarantee you'll see progress in ASTAN.
                        Woodrow Wilson was a horrible leader he got us in a war that we had no place being in whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
                          Woodrow Wilson was a horrible leader he got us in a war that we had no place being in whatsoever.
                          Perhaps, he was weak leader however, what I was getting at was; He delegated total control of the war to General Pershing to run it as he seen fit. Keeping politics or "arm chair QB" out of the equation.

Comment

they aren't funded our ***** with weapons and money.

No comparison to other American wars of the past.
                            that happens in every war were in, but I'm sure you know that. I'm also sure you know why they do this. I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
                              Hey guys don't worry no problem we've got a war with the Iranian Republic coming up so your gonna get something.
                              I sure hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                                Perhaps, he was weak leader however, what I was getting at was; He delegated total control of the war to General Pershing to run it as he seen fit. Keeping politics or "arm chair QB" out of the equation.
                                Well I guess in that sense yeah but we should have never gotten into that war to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X