Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Travel Voucher question

Originally posted by 0844
    I didn't get paid mileage, I was driving my POV, and it was 211 miles from my HOR. I can claim gas for that, right? I'm not sure if it was IADT or not, assuming that's initial active duty for training (I had to google it). It was an MOSQ course, because I previously didn't have an MOS in the Army. I suppose that makes it "initial" active duty.
    If you're unit didn't give you any paperwork, then you're not getting paid. Ie a set of orders. IADT = Inactive Duty for Training or drill weekend. You normally don't get reimbursed for drill weekends for travel.

Keep in mind, a lot of this really depends what's authorized on your orders.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg
      If you're unit didn't give you any paperwork, then you're not getting paid. Ie a set of orders. IADT = Inactive Duty for Training or drill weekend. You normally don't get reimbursed for drill weekends for travel.

Keep in mind, a lot of this really depends what's authorized on your orders.
      I got orders. I got paid the whole time I was at the course. I'm just trying to figure out the travel voucher. I wouldn't have even thought to submit a travel voucher if it weren't for some of the other students in the course mentioning it. One of the other sergeants in the course said he always claimed gas and ATM fees and never had issues with that. I think I'll just submit that and see what happens. Like I mentioned, I'm extremely new to all of this paperwork. Seriously, the Marines had about 1/10th the amount of paperwork for everything, lol. Thanks for everyone's help. I sincerely appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
        You can only write one voucher per set of orders (atleast our unit can).
        Thought so! I said it first! Thats my quota for being helpful and giving out some tips for the month of June!!

Comment

Working...
        X