X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two OCS question and conditional release

1. If you get the release from the guard in order to put in an active ocs packet, when does your requirement to stop drilling begin/end. There is a significant wait right now from when you sign the contract to when you leave for ocs.

2. If you were lucky enough to get a direct commision in the guard, and then swindle a release to go active somehere down the road, would that essentially bypass ocs for the active component??

Yes I understand they may not release you, if you want to go active then go active and all that blah.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Mr_Loki; May 27th, 2010, 12:59 PM.

Re: Two OCS question and conditional release

Hey look - There's an Officer forum.
    Sweet!

I'm going to pretend I didn't read your #2 because I'm not sure of your intentions and I don't want to accuse you of anything.

However if you want to see how the RA looks at direct commissions go to www.armyocs.com and research a little.

scj

Comment

Last edited by Teuvil : Today at 12:59 PM.
      hehehe I saw it before. Funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1
        1. If you get the release from the guard in order to put in an active ocs packet, when does your requirement to stop drilling begin/end. There is a significant wait right now from when you sign the contract to when you leave for ocs.

2. If you were lucky enough to get a direct commision in the guard, and then swindle a release to go active somehere down the road, would that essentially bypass ocs for the active component??

Yes I understand they may not release you, if you want to go active then go active and all that blah.
        Thanks
        1. If you get a conditional release to go to another component, your ARNG service ends the day prior to the effective date of your enlistment order to the new component. Until that date, continue to drill with your ARNG unit.
        2. Don't be too clever by half. In theory, the answer is yes. As a practical matter, you're betting your rent money on a roulette wheel spin. I don't recommend this course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1

Thanks

Conditional Releases are effective the day you sign the new Components Contract.

Ie for enlisted, PVT joey is in the NG, obtains a conditional release from his unit, gives it to recruiter next week, following week he goes to meps and signs new contract.

That day he is no longer a NG soldier and is now XXX

Comment

Working...
          X