X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Sergeant School

Is there anybody or anywhere I can get some good information on Drill Sergeant School for the Guard?

Thanks

Re: Drill Sergeant School

I would think that would be an Active duty job. Don't think there is a boot camp 1 weekend a month.

Comment

Only a couple words into google search and BAM!!!! Those search engines are like PFM......

http://www.jackson.army.mil/units/drill/index.html

http://www.goarmy.com/life/drill_sergeant_school.jsp

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyt...lsgtschool.htm

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
        I would think that would be an Active duty job. Don't think there is a boot camp 1 weekend a month.
        Army Reserves has DS units.

Comment

National Guard Drill Sergeant's:

http://www.virtualarmory.com/ds/

In NJ RSP, I see there are Brown-Rounds all over Seagirt - I can only assume (though this may not be true) that these are National Guard Drill Sergeants. They may or may not have done "active" stints, and I am unsure if this is a requirement of earning the Skill Qualifier.

"The ARNG is currently seeking qualified NCO's to attend the nine week Active Component Drill Sergeant Course at Ft. Jackson to support the Army National Guard Recruit Sustainment Program (RSP) within your State.

The mission of the Drill Sergeant Program is to address one of the Training Pipeline Losses (TPL), fear of the unknown. The Soldier will become familiar with Basic Soldiering Skills and the demands placed on them while attending Basic Combat Training (BCT) and Army Initial Training (AIT). The RSP Soldier will be placed in a positive, structured training environment that indoctrinates the Warrior Ethos and Army Values. Drill Sergeants provide instruction related to BCT and provide a more disciplined training environment.

Projected dates for the APFT and Physical for the Fort Jackson DS School located here.

The Drill Sergeant Candidate must be a SGT - SFC and meet the Drill Sergeant Criteria located here. Rank, PLDC/WLC is NOT waiverable."

Comment

I may be wrong, but I don't think there are any official DS units. Only DS' in the Guard under that program.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07
              Army Reserves has DS units.
              Crazy.

Do they wear the DS hat and all?

I am temporarily drilling with an RSP unit. None there.

Comment

At my old RSP several of the cadre have attended and passed the DS school but just don't wear the brown round.

Also, one of the DS I had in IET was a reservist and had several years AD time as a DS.

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
                  Crazy.

Do they wear the DS hat and all?

I am temporarily drilling with an RSP unit. None there.
                  Not sure what they do there. Probably stare and yell at each other to pass time. We have two nearby one in Abingdon, VA and another in NC. The ones from VA used to come help out at RSP.

Comment

One of the DS' at OSUT in my company was NG, he went to DS school and was placed on AD for his term as a DS.

Comment

RSP can send Cadre to DS school, the plan then is for them to assist with summer surge at one of the training posts. NG does not have any DS units, but like it was mentioned the Reserves do. In VA, we have 3 AGR DS's in our RSP Program. They where the brown round any time they are pushing troops.

Comment

Working...
                      X