X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-2 to E-3 during BCT and AIT???

I have been told that I could possibly get promoted to E-3 during BCT or AIT, does anyone know the truth to this?

Re: E-2 to E-3 during BCT and AIT???

During my OSUT graduation we had 2 people from each platoon get promoted. I don't know what requirements had to be met or any other info.

Comment

I know you can get promoted before bct training with college credits or if you have a friend sign up with you. I'm sure it's possible if you do well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by irishcop2ee
        I know you can get promoted before bct training with college credits or if you have a friend sign up with you. I'm sure it's possible if you do well enough.
        yeah, before I ship is actually too late, as I am shipping next wednesday. lol I just got e-2 today for putting a buddy in, i have a few other people that might sign up, but not before I leave.

I got screwed out of e-3 from my sister-in-law being a flake and signed with the reserves the day after she was suppose to sign with the guard, so e-3 before I go isn't an option anymore. lol

my boss at work, who was in the guard years ago, said that I could get e-3 during BCT and AIT, and I wanted to see if there was any validity to this or if it was another military rumor.

Comment

It is not impossible, but typically very few if any out of a company get it. Best bet is to grab rank prior to shipping as with active duty pay, it adds up.

Comment

i've never seen someone just 'get it' What does happen is though, these guys get hurt, and get sent back to reception and do CQ duty, and stay there for a while and get promoted just cuz they've been in so long

Comment

it can happen if your super dooper high speed and are in the top percentage of your class. Like someone said...its usually just a couple per platoon.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
                It is not impossible, but typically very few if any out of a company get it. Best bet is to grab rank prior to shipping as with active duty pay, it adds up.
                This, go put your friends in the guard and get the Stripes for Buddies deal (do they still do that?)

Comment

I entered BCT as an E-3, one of the few.

By the time I graduated 29 weeks of AIT, just about every E-1 had made E-2 or E-3.

In BCT no one will give two poops about your rank. In AIT, especially if it is long, you should work with your chain of command to make sure they are tracking on your TIG/TIS.

Just don't make any prayers for E-4. Most Guard units told their Joe's they don't promote to E-4 until MOSQ'd.

Kinda belt bad for the DLI folk in my Platoon who were starting to push about 3 years TIS/TIG as a PFC.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard

By the time I graduated 29 weeks of AIT, just about every E-1 had made E-2 or E-3.

In BCT no one will give two poops about your rank. In AIT, especially if it is long, you should work with your chain of command to make sure they are tracking on your TIG/TIS.

Just don't make any prayers for E-4. Most Guard units told their Joe's they don't promote to E-4 until MOSQ'd.

Kinda belt bad for the DLI folk in my Platoon who were starting to push about 3 years TIS/TIG as a PFC.
                    Wow, really? 3 years as PFC? I had friends that were linguists who came out as E-5s. That's crazy though. That should be an exception I think. No one should be a 3 year PFC unless they're trouble makers.

Comment

That is definitely jacked. We make sure all of our DLI soldiers get their E4 as soon as they are eligible for it. WHy shouldn't they have it?

Comment

Originally posted by SGTHess
                        That is definitely jacked. We make sure all of our DLI soldiers get their E4 as soon as they are eligible for it. WHy shouldn't they have it?
                        I concur, my old unit as well. Where's the solidar care at?....

Comment

Originally posted by SGTHess
                          Some units don't track these as well as others....if at all. Some E2s and E3s can be sitting on their rank for a while without knowing they're eligible.

Comment

We had notable exceptions of soldiers who made E-4 while in AIT. And by 'notable exceptions', I mean that - Uncle or Daddy was a 1SG , a Warrant or a Commissioned Officer back at their home units.

Those Soldiers, although wearing a SPC rank on their chest, often conveyed the authority and commanded the knowledge of your average E-1 however.

Comment

We had notable exceptions of soldiers who made E-4 while in AIT. And by 'notable exceptions', I mean that - Uncle or Daddy was a 1SG , a Warrant or a Commissioned Officer back at their home units.

Those Soldiers, although wearing a SPC rank on their chest, often conveyed the authority and commanded the knowledge of your average E-1 however.
                              Good ol "my daddy's a CSM". I know a lot of people like that, but in the long run, CSM Daddy can't always keep an eye on PFC Sonny.

Comment

Working...
                              X