X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E-2 to E-3 during BCT and AIT???

Welcome to the Infantry, we get promoted the slowest.

Comment

Originally posted by K-TownMT
      What??? your in the wrong state then, because they seem to get promoted quicker then others here.

Comment

I don't want to sound like a douchebag or anything, but you're not Infantry yet. You haven't even attended Basic yet, if I'm not mistaken. Once you pin your crossed rifles on then you can say "we"

Who said that Infantry are promoted the slowest?

Comment

I got casp at an E-4 how does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by jakatan
            I don't want to sound like a douchebag or anything, but you're not Infantry yet. You haven't even attended Basic yet, if I'm not mistaken. Once you pin your crossed rifles on then you can say "we"

Who said that Infantry are promoted the slowest?
            Well you do sound like one, And Im not to worried about it... you make it seem like its hard... Ive already smoked everyones pt, even the ones back from basic....not to brag

Comment

Well you do sound like one, And Im not to worried about it... you make it seem like its hard... Ive already smoked everyones pt, even the ones back from basic....not to brag
              Hey man, PT is only part of it. We're not sheot until we complete basic. just because we can sign a piece of paper doesn't make us a soldier let alone an MOSQ'd one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgradu
                Hey man, PT is only part of it. We're not sheot until we complete basic. just because we can sign a piece of paper doesn't make us a soldier let alone an MOSQ'd one.
                You have the right mindset and as long as you keep that mentality you'll do great.

K-TownMT, I have a feeling you're going to be "that guy." Like Jgradu said, there's a lot more to it than just taking a PT test. When I was in OSUT, towards the last few weeks, we had at least 10-15 privates from our company that were in the process of getting kicked out of the Army. Not a single one of them was because of their PT, as a matter of fact, one of the ones getting kicked out for not being able to handle it was a guy from my platoon that was in great shape and regularly scored 290+ on his APFT.

Learn your place and stay in your lane Mr. "Stud" or you'll end up like so many others that aren't able to earn their blue cord.
                Last edited by jakatan; March 28th, 2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Looks like we got a real high-speed troop here. A big dose of Benning is just the cure.

Comment

You will also be the one under your blanket at night trying to hide the sound of your crying because you miss home and are not used to having someone tell you when you are allowed to eat, drink, and sheet.

Comment

PT studs are great.

But PT studs who can create other PT studs are better. Not only will your leadership recognize this, but you're helping strengthen your unit.

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe
                        You will also be the one under your blanket at night trying to hide the sound of your crying because you miss home and are not used to having someone tell you when you are allowed to eat, drink, and sheet.
                        Your right, cause its all to **** easy=)

Comment

At least you have good team player skills. Exactly what we need in the Guard. Arrogant people who aren't even soldiers. You're probably the same joker who wears his ACU in the malls with his Patrol Cap on that you got from RSP.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard
                            At least you have good team player skills. Exactly what we need in the Guard. Arrogant people who aren't even soldiers. You're probably the same joker who wears his ACU in the malls with his Patrol Cap on that you got from RSP.
                            Lol really? Well we dont have a mall really were i live.... I dont wear my uniform but i do wear my combat boots to church and paintball

Comment

Working...
                            X