Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army to make Basic Training easier.

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
    The Department of the Navy already does.
    Oohrah! Absolutely the "MENS DEPARTMENT" AKA the MARINE CORPS.

Comment

7011 realized his brittle bones couldn't take the Marines anymore and that's why he ended up in the ANG

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe
        7011 realized his brittle bones couldn't take the Marines anymore and that's why he ended up in the ANG
        The ANG!!! That explains it.. Chair Force Weekend Warrior..

Comment

True like wine I get better with time. Now I work "smarter not harder". I still score 290 or better. Not bad for a "grandpa" at 46

Comment

Touche'!!!

At 46, doesn't showing up alive for a PT test automatically get you like a 250?

Comment

Yea, a 290 at his age is like 3 pushups, 2 situps, and knowing what day it is.. But he is putting forth the effort, and thats the main thing.

Comment

Touche'!!!

At 46, doesn't showing up alive for a PT test automatically get you like a 250?
                LOL; No kidding I was hades on wheels from my AD days in the 80's & 90's...If I could turn back time....I'd join the CHAIR FORCE FROM JUMPSTREET.

Comment

Lol we have an oldie too. I think each time your heart beats, you get 50 points. Writing your name on the paper is an automatic pass

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                    Yea, a 290 at his age is like 3 pushups, 2 situps, and knowing what day it is.. But he is putting forth the effort, and thats the main thing.
                    LOL..I my weight is the hardest to control. I'm 5'10 and weigh 199 in the morning (202 in the evening). I was blessed with a 19 inch neck and 36 waist.

I run three times a week (MWF) no farther than 3 miles along with su, and pu (AM). I train Krav Maga on monday and wensday evening.

I'm tempted to order P90X I want to get down to 165 (wishful thinking) something about mid-life crisis......

Comment

Limewire > $120

Comment

Limewire > $120
                        what is limewire?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard
                          Smills91, I am an ex-offensive lineman myself. Your experience as a team player will make you much stronger when you get to basic.
                          Roger that hooah, am I allowed to say hooah?

Comment

Originally posted by Smills91
                            Roger that hooah, am I allowed to say hooah?
                            I forgot who said it first, but "hooah, it's a recruit thing"

Comment

Haha, I like that. I always heard that stuff goes out the window after basic

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard
                                Be careful in construing YOUR basic training experience as universal.

My Drill Sergeant CAN and DID tell me what to eat. My Drill Sergeant punched, kicked, clothes-lined, choked and tackled us. I did NOT get the 'regulated' hours of sleep, I did NOT get my cell phone, I did NOT go to the PX. The soldiers in my Platoon ALL lost weight, or gained muscle weight if they were generally under 170lbs. I'm like amazingly shocked that you have this opinion that a Drill Sergeant "Can't". Those words didn't exist for me.

And to highlight my point, I was also the in the 2-60th like you, but I was in Charlie Company. And now I see why my Drill Sergeant constantly ranted about the other companies.

That being said, if you are a soldier waiting to go to basic training. Get yourself in excellent physical shape, you may end up with the Drill Sergeants from **** - do NOT go in there thinking its a cake walk. You are seriously doing yourself a disservice. In fact, I hated it at the time, but I am extremely glad that I had Drill Sergeants that I have no desire to run into ever again in my life. They are animals. I respect them for what they made me - a Soldier.

Smills91, I am an ex-offensive lineman myself. Your experience as a team player will make you much stronger when you get to basic.
                                Well yes that is true and you make a point but I remember very clearly DS Sherber saying that they can't tell us what to eat and how much of it we can eat so I mean thats exactly out of his mouth.

Also I agree that a person who is going to Basic needs to go there IN shape and NOT expect to gte into shape when they are there. I mean try and max out the PT test before you can get there. It will make life ALOT easier

Comment

Working...
                                X