Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Military things that irk you.

Originally posted by cyall
    Unbelieveable. Was part of your correction reminding them they aren't even in the Army (assuming they aren't SMP)?
    Sir, neither of them were SMP or had any prior service exerience and I did point that out. These two kids had it coming to them. They were starting trouble all night. The NJROTC instructor also reported their behavior immediately to thier instructor.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701
      Some Army JROTC cadets actually tried to pull friggin rank on an enlisted man? No way....
      The were just college students in ROTC. Their dates were JROTC.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07
        The were just college students in ROTC. Their dates were JROTC.
        That's even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
          For years your family wrote to you in prison, but you knew things were going wrong when they loaded you on the plane to be finally be released. Little did you know that you would spend the next day or so pretending to support the criminal uprising, while protecting the female prison guard. The US Marshall service considers shooting down your plane, but thankfully, one of the marshalls believes it to be a hasty move and that you are actually an ally.

One of my favorite Nicolas Cage movies!

Comment

Originally posted by SGTHess
            One of my favorite Nicolas Cage movies!

I said...Put the bunny down

Comment

1. Being the new guy
              2. Being the new guy w/ prior service & waiting to get MOSQD
              3. Knowing that you'd be a better NCO than the NCO(s) in your platoon/unit
              4. Cadets that know nothing, but act like they do
              5. Officers that back up the cadet that knows nothing
              6. Having to hunt down supplies every drill
              7. A NCO that doesn't take care of his/her soldiers
              8. NC0's that like to direct traffic rather than get their hands dirty with their soldiers
              9. Soft (fat) soldiers that could care less about passing a PT test
              10. Anyone in general that doesn't know how to separate their personal life problems, and takes them out on the first victim that crosses their path
              11. Combatives - had my first experience w/ it this past weekend and feel that it's unrealistic and useless if it's not practiced. It seems like it's based on MMA fighting techniques and all we learned were ground based techniques. Maybe there's more to it, but if you're not in shape then you've lost the fight already.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
                Mind, this was my PFC days. Of course now I uphold the standards.
                I've no doubt that an airborne, combat-veteran NCO leads the way in upholding and exceeding the standards. THAT'S one military that I admire. Keep it up Sergeant.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Hustle
                  5. Officers that back up the cadet that knows nothing
                  One day these cadets will most likely be officers, to learn they must be taught by officers. I will not allow a cadet to be disrespectful to a soldier but neither will I allow a soldier to disrespect a cadet.
                  Look at it as an experienced NCO training a new NCO, the new NCO is going to make mistakes, the experienced NCO will put him back on track while stil ensuring the joes show the jr the proper respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
                    One day these cadets will most likely be officers, to learn they must be taught by officers. I will not allow a cadet to be disrespectful to a soldier but neither will I allow a soldier to disrespect a cadet.
                    Look at it as an experienced NCO training a new NCO, the new NCO is going to make mistakes, the experienced NCO will put him back on track while stil ensuring the joes show the jr the proper respect.
                    QFT. I'll back up my privates as long as it's not something too horrible. you pull them aside, make the corrections and make sure they do the right thing the next time. You kinda have to back them up.

Comment

QFT?
                      I don't text.

Comment

QFT?
                        I don't text.
                        LOL...better get those thumbs in shape LT!

Comment

QFT?
                          I don't text.
                          Quoted for truth. kinda forum slang for "i agree"

Comment

I fully understand that, but nobody is putting anybody on the right track in my unit. The NCO's in my unit have different work ethics. Some are suck ups and like to direct/suggest the work rather than getting involved. Others are the type that get involved, find solutions to problems, and get it done. The latter of the two have a good rapport with the troops, while the suck ups have a negative effect on morale and people tend to disappear when they come around. There's no disrespect towards them or the cadets that come around, but no one is correcting any mistakes being made either.

Comment

The pre-formation of the gaggle, which is a rehearsal of the first final formation, which occurs before the actual final formation.

There will be a formation to talk about this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
                                The pre-formation of the gaggle, which is a rehearsal of the first final formation, which occurs before the actual final formation.

There will be a formation to talk about this.
                                Ever have a practise for the practise for the ceremony?

Comment

Working...
                                X