Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military things that irk you.

Anybody here hate certain things about the military? Here's a few of mine:

-"I'm Airborne, too!
    No you're not, you're just airborne qualified. This is what I mean: I went to airborne school in 2006 and went straight to an airborne unit, where I continuously jump to this day. Now when you see friends or people who are in non-airborne units brag about "being airborne" just because they went to the school, it irks me bad.

What about you?

Re: Military things that irk you.

When even as prior air force from eight years ago, I can call cadence and mark my OCS Prep-Platoon better than the class leader, who cant seem to keep himself in step and as soon as we turn a corner we are called to route step to make up for it.

I do not claim to be an expert by any means, but I can at least call cadence on the correct foot.

Comment

that's a good one, actually.

Comment

1. PEOPLE WHO NEVER COMPLETE IET (BCT/AIT) AND ACT AS IF THEY ARE SME IN HOW THE MILITARY IS AND HOW IT OPERATES. Never spent time on AD only during AT and IET. Yet they know more, and more proficient than a AD member who does it for a living 24/7 365....
        2. Members wearing ACU's to a bar or out on the town just to get notice.
        3. How almost every person you run into in the military is a Ranger, SF, Seal, Force Recon, or PJ (Para jumper). Why can't you be a cook, truck driver, or a mail clerk and be satisfied?
        4. FNG joining and expects to SGT in less than year.
        5. The mentality that everyone is a "hero" since 9/11.....The list can go on.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
          that's a good one, actually.
          Same thing as when I was in USAF Basic. I was ALWAYS the dorm guard during inspections. Why? Because I was the only one who could read the set of 5 different instructions to follow and follow them. Everyone put too much thought into it.

It boiled down to this: reporting statement and "show me your ID". If ID is on the list to let in, let in. If not, dont let in.

Nobody seemed to get it.

Comment

I'm pretty mellow, and can deal with the whole "hurry up and wait" bs, but when when we are hurrying and waiting in extreme temperatures, (below 30 and above 100), I get pretty impatient.

I think what irks me the most are the soldiers that wear their uniform improperly. I have a doc that looks "ate up" all the time and I just want to ninja slap him.

Comment

I share one of the above:When people wear acu's to a bar or strip club(when they arent supposed to be in uniform there anyway)
              And when someone thinks they are going to be cool in combat arms and worry about what their patches are going to look like.

Comment

Originally posted by cavscout1
                I share one of the above:When people wear acu's to a bar or strip club(when they arent supposed to be in uniform there anyway)
                And when someone thinks they are going to be cool in combat arms and worry about what their patches are going to look like.
                I hate when people worry too much about that kind of stuff too. I hate when some RSP kid or private comes up to me if I missed drill and asks if I'm new (back in my E-4 days) when I had a combat patch already.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRN
                  I'm pretty mellow, and can deal with the whole "hurry up and wait" bs, but when when we are hurrying and waiting in extreme temperatures, (below 30 and above 100), I get pretty impatient.
                  Kind of goes with standing in the rain for the better part of 11 hours and then be expected to turn in a dry, rust free weapon, while standing in line outside the armory for three hours after three weeks of FTX's huh?

Comment

I hate when someone in charge asks for "Bodies" and its like pulling teeth. Nor do I like that mentality of "Don't volunteer for anything".

Comment

I also hate when people act like Job A is more "hardcore" than Job B, like when some leg (non-airborne) artillery guy gives me $hit for being a 25B, but I'm the one who's gone to combat and jumps out of airplanes all the time. Plus the best part about it is explaining how "hardcore" the pay I get at my civvie job is because of my army job.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard
                        I hate when someone in charge asks for "Bodies" and its like pulling teeth. Nor do I like that mentality of "Don't volunteer for anything".
                        LOL...I volunteered alot when I was in the Corps back in the 80's. Example: getting a military drivers license my first one was for the M151A2 (Jeep) after that I got a license for everything from a jeep to tractor trailer and even MHE both commerical and tactical. I got out of alot of sheiot details I was duty driver for the CO, and a couple of times I got out of humping AM-2 matting out at 29 Stumps and Bogue Field when they were refurbishing the runway. I'd run a forklift and stage materials or drive a deuce and a half.....Sometimes it pays to volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
                          I also hate when people act like Job A is more "hardcore" than Job B, like when some leg (non-airborne) artillery guy gives me $hit for being a 25B, but I'm the one who's gone to combat and jumps out of airplanes all the time. Plus the best part about it is explaining how "hardcore" the pay I get at my civvie job is because of my army job.
                          D-a-m-n with a name of GAMBINO....I would have went GOTTI on him!

Comment

Originally posted by cavscout1
                            When people wear acu's to a bar or strip club(when they arent supposed to be in uniform there anyway)

In my defense, it was military night...

And I took home a wad of cash.

Wait, that's not what this was about?
                            Last edited by California Major; March 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by California Major
                              In my defense, it was military night...

And I took home a wad of cash.

Wait, that's not what this was about?

ooooh, you in trouble, sir. i'll call the amberlamps on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X