Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with experience with being underweight at MEPS???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone with experience with being underweight at MEPS???

Originally posted by WIBecky74
    The doctor was very happy to DQ me right away when I was weighed. There was no mention of additional waiver for more than five pounds under. He actually was ticked off when i came right back with my waiver within an hour. He tried to talk me out of enlisting. Was telling me weights of rucks and such. I am confident that without being only 4.4 pounds under weight I would not have gotten in, at least with that doctor.
    You tell your recruiter what the doctor had tried to do?

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
      You tell your recruiter what the doctor had tried to do?
      No. It is the job of the MEPS doctors to try to not let you enlist, everyone else wants you in, someone has to try to weed out people. It is hard sometimes to be carrying your own body weight on your back. You should see me with two duffles, an assult pack, computer bag, IOTV, .... wait, you cant see me then cuz everything else covers me up and you cant see me! Just think if in a fire fight and have to carry out a casualty, how car could I drag a 200+ lbs body? I spend alot of my time volunteering to lift things during additional duties just to prove myself to my peers so that they know they can depend on me. Now that i've experienced a little bit, I dont fault the doctor at all for his comments. Maybe he shouldnt have said some of his comments, but maybe if we stopped sugar-coating things we would have better soldiers.
      Last edited by WIBecky74; March 5th, 2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

unfortunately i dont but i did see someone turned away at meps and given 35 days to gain 20 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by cavscout1
          unfortunately i dont but i did see someone turned away at meps and given 35 days to gain 20 lbs
          waiver's for 5 lbs unders, not 20 lbs right? Maybe they can enlist in a hospital to be healthy

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74
            No. It is the job of the MEPS doctors to try to not let you enlist, everyone else wants you in, someone has to try to weed out people. It is hard sometimes to be carrying your own body weight on your back. You should see me with two duffles, an assult pack, computer bag, IOTV, .... wait, you cant see me then cuz everything else covers me up and you cant see me! Just think if in a fire fight and have to carry out a casualty, how car could I drag a 200+ lbs body? I spend alot of my time volunteering to lift things during additional duties just to prove myself to my peers so that they know they can depend on me. Now that i've experienced a little bit, I dont fault the doctor at all for his comments. Maybe he shouldnt have said some of his comments, but maybe if we stopped sugar-coating things we would have better soldiers.
            same deal with the proving yourself mentality. As a PFC being 5'5 overseas I wanted to carry the m-60 (wasn't up'd to 240s yet) but was given the SAW! Little people gotta rep it up!

Comment

Working...
            X