X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• army haircuts?

anybody know what the actual army haircut is? high an tight? crew cut? and links to pages where i can see some pics or details. wanna do one myself, just dont wanna buzz it all off just yet lol

Re: army haircuts?

There's a bunch of different haircuts authorized and they apply to all branches. The one used most often, especially with recruits, is the High And Tight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_and_tight

I wouldn't recommend trying to do it yourself. Have someone whose experienced in military haircuts do it for you. Or...yes, you can just shave it all off which is what I do, and save yourself the $10.

Comment

The high and tight is a privelage to recruits and is earned during BCT. Males get it shaven down as low as possible. On post, getting it shaven is around $5.50 IIRC. The blood loss that comes from these hair cuts is free.

Comment

I have used the ole BCT haircut for about 4 years now - and I've never been "wrong" (And of course - I'm the most stylish and attractive guy in the civilian workforce as well!)

Now you might say , "Well hey Sergeant According to AR 670-1 my hair length is bla bla bla" point is , you don't want to be arguing policy with your NCO's or an Officer on the specifics of how long your hair is (And I've seen Privates get themselves burned trying to make sticking points about the length of their hair)

Just shave it as low as you can go, minus the bald man look, and you'll always be good to go.

And if you don't already know this - do not shave your head prior to shipping.

Comment

just cut it short. I would not suggest going to BCT with it already shaved. lol

Comment

Fade. 1.5 on top and skin on sides. Have had it for 7 years.

Comment

Medium reg, 4 on top. I said that pretty much every Sunday afternoon while in the Marines. High and Tights are for boots .

Comment

I stuck with the shaved look as well. I actually cut my hair like that long before I even thought about joining the Army. I would get it cut every 6 weeks or so to save some money, but since graduating AIT I bought a $30 pair of hair clippers from Wal Mart and shave it down every 2 weeks or so. If you like your hair like that, shaving it yourself really is the way to go! I've saved so much money this way.

Comment

make sure you all have dreadlocks and minimum length is past your shoulders. Don't be an individual.....

Comment

got the high an tight. i know not to buzz it before BCT lol. im used to having my head buzzed so it wont be too bad, just wanted something for now that wasnt buzzed. thanks all!

Comment

I seen a load of guys at MEPS already shaved they day they were shipping out.

Comment

Just admit defeat early and go all the way --

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X