X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about surgeries

So do you have to list all surgeries you've had in your life, even if they aren't serious and/or don't effect your mobility? Forgive me if I missed some thread but I searched and nothing came up.

Re: Question about surgeries

I would say no in response to your question, thats what I would do.

Comment

If they see a scar and you didnt disclose it, your whole integrity on being honest and health concerns, comes into play. But you are in a room one on one with a doc, in your drawers and you drop them. If they see something they will question it. Just be aware of what you bring to the table.

Comment

Yes, you need to use your own discretion because I had moles removed and I never told them but of course the Doc. saw them while he was giving me a physical.. He asked me, and I couldn't lie to his face. I told him and we had to delay a few hours and get the mole resuts faxed over, it was simple and I was lucky but yes be smart about it.

Comment

Best advise is to be honest. It's surgery you're talking about. It would be a different story if it was a childhood scar you got falling off your bike. So if it has a medical background, I'd be honest about it.

Comment

Would a cosmetic surgery such as a penile enlargement disqualify you from the Guard?

Comment

Originally posted by JonTheBaptist
              Would a cosmetic surgery such as a penile enlargement disqualify you from the Guard?
              hahahahahaha

Comment

Easy does it Dirk Diggler. This is my rifle this my gun. This is for shootin this is for fun.

Comment

Same basic question here. But it is regarding reduction in size and was necessary rather than cosmetic. They said it could be a potential trip hazard to myself and others.

Comment

I would recomenned telling them. If it isn't disqualifying it won't be a big deal, and if it is they should know about it. although i do know a guy who had an appendectemy (spelling?) and omitted it, when the doc asked him about the scar, he just said he and his recruiter were in a hurry and forgot about it and the doc didn't hassle him for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X