Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My recruiter is ignoring me

Originally posted by PFCPiatt
    It can only stay at 31 so long before the numbers for the year are met and then bam back up to 50 it goes.
    I believe 31 is sort of the default. The requirement of 50 was, as you mentioned, due to good recruiting/retention numbers.

Comment

Idk if I'm wrong but to qualify for even more college benefits the person must score 50 or higher correct?

I wouldn't know a reason for any college student to enlist with a asvab score of 49 and below. Even if the enlist requirement is 31, and I mysterious scored a 31 I wouldn't enlist knowing I could qualify for more college benefits towards my education..

It doesn't bother me if you guys make jokes about my previous asvab score. It's done and I'm over it! Next Wednesday, I'll post my asvab results and the jokes will end!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coqui
        Idk if I'm wrong but to qualify for even more college benefits the person must score 50 or higher correct?

I wouldn't know a reason for any college student to enlist with a asvab score of 49 and below. Even if the enlist requirement is 31, and I mysterious scored a 31 I wouldn't enlist knowing I could qualify for more college benefits towards my education..

It doesn't bother me if you guys make jokes about my previous asvab score. It's done and I'm over it! Next Wednesday, I'll post my asvab results and the jokes will end!!
        Just because a person goes to college that doesn't mean they will score well on the ASVAB. IF they are above ave in scholarship they should do really well.
        However not ever college student has a GPA of 3.6 or higher.

Yes, if the bench march score is 31 for enlistment ASVAB (31-99) scores has no merit on the GI BILL award or not.

People here are not making fun of you because of your score. Your comments and off color remarks is what they are making fun of. Criticism is a motivation factor in most people ever heard "sometimes I'm my tuffest critic"?

I wish you luck on your test next week friend! But to me you'll always be "the ROCK that likes to stalk recruiters"!.

Comment

I lucked out with my recruiter, he believes in recruiter accountability. Its been two years since I got in and he still calls me or I call him when I have questions or needed anything. I also lucked out now with my CWO recruiter, she is very helpful. Once again though my original recruiter is offering to help in my process to becoming a warrant officer, he encourages me and others he has recruited to excel and get what we want from our experiences and opportunities in the guard.

So to give you some advice..
          Call other recruiters, but stick with the one that believes in recruiter accountability. That is the guy that will stick by you until you or the recruiter's ETS comes by.
          Good Luck Man.

Comment

I was talking my recruiter yesterday, and he said that WI has just moved the ASVAB back up to 50.

Comment

It happened here in California early last year.. Cal Guard made those changes because we had achieved our numbers, a little too well in fact. On top of that guard members who were "FLAGGED" medically and those who have not passed the prior 3 APFT's were sepereated.

Comment

I call 1800goguard for a new recruiter, and I got a new recruiter's # I just haven't spoke w/ him yet. I'll wait for him to call!!

Comment

Sounds like a plan, but study your ASVP for now so when you take it again you get something out of your service if not the possibility of an adventure..

Comment

Yesterday, I got contacted by the recruiter 1800goguard gave me. He's a nice guy that's willing to work w/ me regardless of the circumstances, I didn't know the Arlington and DFW National Guards work together, and he's really good friends w/ the recruiter that's supposedly working w/ me. He wasn't amused with the idea of me leaving his buddy, I explain the situation and the fact he has cancelled our meps appointment twice. I'm not trying to get betweens anyone's friendship, I just want to join the freakin National Guard and this entire journey has been a pain in the ***.

Now I've to get my juvenile record dating back 2002 (13yro) I didn't get arrest, I was just sent to the detention center and the case was dismissed. It's family related issue and I think I'd need a waiver. This new recruiter is looking out for me, and doesn't want me discharged if the FBI/military found about it w/o me never informing them. Its troublesome and I really don't want to bother w/ it but I'll do it if it's inevitable.

I'm going to his office next week to take the practice asvab, and from there we'll go to meps couple days later.
                    Last edited by Coqui; February 12th, 2010, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
                      I've always wanted to try this....call and leave a message pretending to be a kid fresh out of highschool that was the captain of the football team with dreams of being a ranger or something.

Methinks you would get a call back pretty fast.

Methinks so too.

Comment

Working...
                      X