X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My recruiter is ignoring me

I could not have had a better experience with my recruiter here in Atlanta, GA. She was honestly there for me every step of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSoldier
      I managed to score a 99 on my asvab
      That 99 is excellent; But it is a shame that you got an RE4 discharge and not eligible for re-enlistment.

Comment

Originally posted by Coqui
        You're absolutely right, my score did leave a skeptical view in my recruiter's eyes whether graded incorrectly or not. I was too skeptical about the results to the point I didn't even have any motivation for the asvab, I didn't even want to hear about the asvab for 2 weeks; I avoided like a plague. I haven't master the 2 sections of the asvab, I still need to practice electronics and some science. I believe I could pass the asvab if I took the test right now, but would I score an impressive score 85-99? I don't know !

Thanks a lot, I'll continue to study the asvab until I fully master it and have the confidence and knowledge to score high!!
        I like this kind of response to criticism. The criticism wasn't harsh at all. Very straight to the point and this is a good response. Very good. That's a professional attitude versus so many people who get their egos bruised and lash out instead of showing some restraint and professionalism. Good luck to you Coqui. I hope you do pass that ASVAB the next time you take it.

Comment

You're absolutely right, my score did leave a skeptical view in my recruiter's eyes whether graded incorrectly or not. I was too skeptical about the results to the point I didn't even have any motivation for the asvab, I didn't even want to hear about the asvab for 2 weeks; I avoided like a plague. I haven't master the 2 sections of the asvab, I still need to practice electronics and some science. I believe I could pass the asvab if I took the test right now, but would I score an impressive score 85-99? I don't know !

Thanks a lot, I'll continue to study the asvab until I fully master it and have the confidence and knowledge to score high!!
          Good for you! It may take you a little while, but with the right amount of effort you'll get the results that you need. Passing is not the objective that you want, because you might not score well enough to get the MOS that you desire. You want to pass with confidence and with a high enough score to get your targeted MOS. In about a month or two you should be well prepared.

On another note, the ASVAB administered on the computer has less chance of errors as you stated before. However, as I've told you before, it is also adaptive. If the program notices that you've answered a set number of questions quite easily, it will then begin to through progressively harder questions at you. It's not designed to make you fail, but it won't let you just sail through it either. So prepare yourself well.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
            That 99 is excellent; But it is a shame that you got an RE4 discharge and not eligible for re-enlistment.
            I'm in the process of getting in. My friend who had an RE-4 swore in the other day. I'm just waiting on my approval. So dont count me out just yet!

Comment

If you want to improve your AFQT, or "the score" that everyone talks about, focus on paragraph comprehension, word knowledge, and the math sections. I believe all 4 of these are your GT, but three of them (i think they leave off math reasoning) for your AFQT. If you're trying to improve, know what you're improving and how to do it.

You can study assembling objects or mechanical knowledge all you want, but those sections wont change your AFQT or GT score. So if you're struggling to get it, read a thesaurus and do some math. Or buy a book on studying for the ASVAB.

Also, make sure and report in at basic or your first unit and let them know how high you scored right away, they should know who they are dealing with and how smart you are from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSoldier
                I'm in the process of getting in. My friend who had an RE-4 swore in the other day. I'm just waiting on my approval. So dont count me out just yet!
                Keep the faith. Don't blow this opportunity. Good luck.

Comment

I don't know if my recruiter is ignoring me, I don't know if he's very busy. The last time we talked was around 2pm on December 21st, 2009, the last thing I told him that I'll be calling him sometimes after new years a week before I retake the asvab again. He agreed to take me to meps then I said my good byes!!

2 weeks later, I tried calling him around January 8th but no answer.. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks! I don't know if my recruiter is dead, or very busy unable to pick up any phone calls.. Usually it's the opposite, the recruiter is the constantly calling!!

I don't know what to do.. I like the guy, he's cool but at this point I don't want to wait for him I still haven't passed my asvab.. What should I do?
                  what did you get on your last test?

<20 = wasting time and got to move on

Comment

coqui the best advice I can give to you after swearing in is to CHECK INTO YOUR UNIT YOURSELF. I had a jackass of a recruiter he never returned my calls, I never hear from him after I swore in. Check into your unit even if they don't have your paperwork (admin should be able to pull it up from online) don't wait for your recruiter to check you in. My experience was I called my recruiter repeatedly, he either wouldn't pick up or give me some BS excuse as to why he couldn't take me to get checked into my unit. Don't wait too long and check yourself into the unit.

Comment

My recruiter and I, we're talking again and sorted out our difference.. I basically commanded him to take me to meps in order for me to take my computerize version.. Of course, I didn't say it in that tone but just told him 'I want you to take me to meps!".. I really like my recruiter, and he's a nice guy of course I'd prefer the woman that recommended me to him !! He's a busy recruiter and one of the best one here.. I know I'm not the only one trying to get recruited through him..

I'm going to meps this thursday and I'm still studying while trying to get my Network + (may put that on hold)..

I can't afford to fail this time around and i'm doing it right by taking the computerize asvab which has less chance of erorrs unlike the MET asvab!!

Comment

Good Attitude, stay positive and keep trying. Work hard and dont overthink or stress out.. Hard work pays off.

Comment

My recruiter and I, we're talking again and sorted out our difference.. I basically commanded him to take me to meps in order for me to take my computerize version.. Of course, I didn't say it in that tone but just told him 'I want you to take me to meps!".. I really like my recruiter, and he's a nice guy of course I'd prefer the woman that recommended me to him !! He's a busy recruiter and one of the best one here.. I know I'm not the only one trying to get recruited through him..

I'm going to meps this thursday and I'm still studying while trying to get my Network + (may put that on hold)..

I can't afford to fail this time around and i'm doing it right by taking the computerize asvab which has less chance of erorrs unlike the MET asvab!!
                          WOW.........glad you are not calling me

Comment

Originally posted by SPC Ski
                            WOW.........glad you are not calling me
                            you live in Maryland, why would I call you?

Comment

I thought my recruiter was ignoring me at one point as well. All I did is complain because i hadn't been called back by him in over a week. So finally after calling his Cell phone a few times and getting the voicemail, I went online and checked my e-mail.

I found out that he had sent me an e-mail a week before saying that he had dropped his phone in the ****er and water cooked it, so he needed me to call him because he lost my number along with his phone LOL.

Comment

Here I go on a little rant.
                                First off, if you think that your recruiter is ignoring you you must realize that they have a very busy job. They most likely are not. You're probably not the only person they are trying to put in. All the recruiters in my area are usually doing work 24/7. I have witnessed this first hand and I bring them leads. So I know they stay busy. My recruiter, the one I work with the most, is always trying to meet deadlines because enlistment criteria is always changing. So he focuses on the ones that need to join soon. He does not ignore people on purpose he usually deals with them by priority. I even help him by doing police record checks at the local PD, taking people to take the MET site ASVAB, calling and checking on leads, etc. I kinda volunteer sometimes to be an assistant. Unfortunately around here recruiters aren't getting ADSW help due to funding. You must understand that they not only are recruiters, but that they have personal lives also to deal with. So before you go saying you're being ignored try every way possible to contact him/her via phone (leave message if no answer), Text message if possible, email, or GO TO THEIR OFFICE. If you try all of these and still can't contact them , well maybe they are ignoring you . Give them some reasonable time to return calls, emails, etc. before you start complaining or go looking for another recruiter.
                                Ok I think I'm done.

Comment

Working...
                                X