X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My recruiter is ignoring me

you all are putting the cart before the horse with all this paperwork nonsense. Kid needs to pass his asvab, he doesn't need to care about anything else aside from that. Failed twice? So this is his 3rd time taking it, no offense but for a recruiter, there are other leads to be worked that are more AIM'd at getting their "recruit" for the month. Little cold hard truth for you. There is nothing more he can do for you but wait for your times to come up to be able to take the ASVAB. Probably should have touched base with you tho about the time in between tests for failures tho.

Does this mean you won't get in the guard? Absolutely not. It means that your going to need to work twice as hard to get in then others who pass the ASVAB. But to me it sounds like you want to get in twice as bad as the others. get crack-a-lackin'!

GOOD LUCK!!

Comment

It's called multitasking. It's kinda like chewing bubble gum and walking.

Comment

This morning I finally received a random text message from my recruiter saying "yes?" I sent the text message last night. I left tons of voice mail and no respond for a week 1/2 but a simple text worked.. I gave him a call and he picked up, we talked for about 8 minutes and he told me he has been extremely busy this past week. Regardless it just excuses, a busy man can take the time to tell someone to call him next week instead of just leaving him in the cold waiting.. I shrugged it off because there more important issues to address just as going to MEPs to take my asvab..

I informed him that it has been 30 days since I failed the MET asvab, and I asked when will he be able to take me to MEPs to do the CAT asvab. Immediately he told me that he isn't going back to Dallas MEPs for a while. He insisted I should come by tomorrow and retake the MET version. I refused and told him that I don't feel comfortable taking the MET knowing what occurred last time, and I don't want to failed a second time then having to wait another 30 days or possibly 6 months (confirm?). Idk if I should retake the MET version again... Everyone in real life is telling me to take the CAT, and I know the CAT will be better for me because I'll know the total time and plus I feel comfortable relying on computers ..

My recruiter isn't cooperating and there's disagreement regardless he did promise to take me to MEPs next time.. I'm asking myself "Do I really need a recruiter?", "Can I just go to meps, take the asvabs, signed papers and schedule my ship date w/o someone holding my hand through the entire process?"
        Last edited by Coqui; January 19th, 2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Speaking of which.....

Honestly, why are recruiters the only ones people on these forums let off the hook with the "I'm busy" line?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
            Speaking of which.....

Honestly, why are recruiters the only ones people on these forums let off the hook with the "I'm busy" line?
            Maybe because...well there "busy". I bet you any amount of money if his recruiter jumped through hoops there would be several "hick-ups" along the way.

Could be worst the recruiter could be the nagging telemarketer that seems like they have GPS on your six. If he is qualified and has his ducks in a row he would be in or in "process".

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
              Speaking of which.....

Because there are too many tire kickers out there who can't pass a simple test to show they have a 9th/10th grade education.

Recruiters don't get to count how many times they drive someone to MEPS, they only get credit for troops in boots.

When I was in recruiting, if a prospect failed the ASVAB, we used their failing score to determine how much effort we'd put into them going forward. Missed it by a few points, I'd stay after hours for ASVAB study sessions. Missed it by a mile, I'd ignore the calls because my CO wouldn't allow me to say what was really on my mind: Go Apply at McDonalds!

Comment

Originally posted by Coqui
                This morning I finally received a random text message from my recruiter saying "yes?" I sent the text message last night. I left tons of voice mail and no respond for a week 1/2 but a simple text worked.. I gave him a call and he picked up, we talked for about 8 minutes and he told me he has been extremely busy this past week. Regardless it just excuses, a busy man can take the time to tell someone to call him next week instead of just leaving him in the cold waiting.. I shrugged it off because there more important issues to address just as going to MEPs to take my asvab..

I informed him that it has been 30 days since I failed the MET asvab, and I asked when will he be able to take me to MEPs to do the CAT asvab. Immediately he told me that he isn't going back to Dallas MEPs for a while. He insisted I should come by tomorrow and retake the MET version. I refused and told him that I don't feel comfortable taking the MET knowing what occurred last time, and I don't want to failed a second time then having to wait another 30 days or possibly 6 months (confirm?). Idk if I should retake the MET version again... Everyone in real life is telling me to take the CAT, and I know the CAT will be better for me because I'll know the total time and plus I feel comfortable relying on computers ..

My recruiter isn't cooperating and there's disagreement regardless he did promise to take me to MEPs next time.. I'm asking myself "Do I really need a recruiter?", "Can I just go to meps, take the asvabs, signed papers and schedule my ship date w/o someone holding my hand through the entire process?"
                you sound willing to join, great. Can you join the guard by yourself? No, thats what recruiters are for. Really have your heart set on going to MEPs for the ASVAB to just take the test on the computer? Then you can either wait til that recruiter takes you, or you can find anther one who will take you up ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSoldier32
                  Go Apply at McDonalds!
                  yeah this too. it's only a 9th / 10th grade education, how more compfortable do you need to be to take this ona piece of paper or via computer. kinda a mean way of putting it, lol but pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
                    yeah this too. it's only a 9th / 10th grade education, how more compfortable do you need to be to take this ona piece of paper or via computer. kinda a mean way of putting it, lol but pretty much
                    The computer version has less chance of errors. I already got screwed over once w/ the MET asvab when my test was graded twice incorrectly. It isn't about the grade level, it's about getting it right!!

Comment

But you have to follow the steps to join....

Your one of the lucky ones. There are people with medical problems that can never join and its all they want. However, all you have to do is study and work hard and its yours for the taking. It really depends on how bad you want it. The recruiter can let you go to MEPs on your own to take the test, but it really depends on your state and his SGM/NCOICs policies.

Make sure you are ready to take the test this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSoldier32
                        Because there are too many tire kickers out there who can't pass a simple test to show they have a 9th/10th grade education.

Recruiters don't get to count how many times they drive someone to MEPS, they only get credit for troops in boots.

When I was in recruiting, if a prospect failed the ASVAB, we used their failing score to determine how much effort we'd put into them going forward. Missed it by a few points, I'd stay after hours for ASVAB study sessions. Missed it by a mile, I'd ignore the calls because my CO wouldn't allow me to say what was really on my mind: Go Apply at McDonalds!

Bingo! I'm in the G-Rap program, and you wouldn't believe how many wannabe's I run into that have dreams of being G.I. Joe, but quickly tuck tail when I mention passing the ASVAB with a good score. Young or old, it's the same story. When I was re-enlisting, I sat with my recruiter a couple of times, and couldn't believe the crap he has to sit through day in/out!

Coqui, this may sound harsh kid, but I don't think you're ready. You're last score, whether graded incorrectly or not, just put a lot of doubt in your recruiter's mind. You've got heart & determination, but that's not enough to get your recruiter out of his office to just take you up to MEPS. Stop using excuses such as school & lack of sleep for you not studying. Study for another month until it becomes almost second nature, then you'll be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Hustle
                          Bingo! I'm in the G-Rap program, and you wouldn't believe how many wannabe's I run into that have dreams of being G.I. Joe, but quickly tuck tail when I mention passing the ASVAB with a good score. Young or old, it's the same story. When I was re-enlisting, I sat with my recruiter a couple of times, and couldn't believe the crap he has to sit through day in/out!

Coqui, this may sound harsh kid, but I don't think you're ready. You're last score, whether graded incorrectly or not, just put a lot of doubt in your recruiter's mind. You've got heart & determination, but that's not enough to get your recruiter out of his office to just take you up to MEPS. Stop using excuses such as school & lack of sleep for you not studying. Study for another month until it becomes almost second nature, then you'll be ready.
                          You're absolutely right, my score did leave a skeptical view in my recruiter's eyes whether graded incorrectly or not. I was too skeptical about the results to the point I didn't even have any motivation for the asvab, I didn't even want to hear about the asvab for 2 weeks; I avoided like a plague. I haven't master the 2 sections of the asvab, I still need to practice electronics and some science. I believe I could pass the asvab if I took the test right now, but would I score an impressive score 85-99? I don't know !

Thanks a lot, I'll continue to study the asvab until I fully master it and have the confidence and knowledge to score high!!
                          Last edited by Coqui; January 21st, 2010, 01:45 AM.

Comment

It's a 40minute round trip drive to just get ignored and kicked out!! I'm going to call him w/ my parents phone that have the same area code later today after school. I'll post the outcome by evening!! If he does pick up w/ my parents phone things are gonna get interesting..

I'm off to school bye!
                            lol...to find a good recruiter to help with my waiver I had to drive two hrs away.....it was a fun time...

Comment

Originally posted by Gio446
                              lol...to find a good recruiter to help with my waiver I had to drive two hrs away.....it was a fun time...
                              What kind of waiver was it?

Comment

You're absolutely right, my score did leave a skeptical view in my recruiter's eyes whether graded incorrectly or not. I was too skeptical about the results to the point I didn't even have any motivation for the asvab, I didn't even want to hear about the asvab for 2 weeks; I avoided like a plague. I haven't master the 2 sections of the asvab, I still need to practice electronics and some science. I believe I could pass the asvab if I took the test right now, but would I score an impressive score 85-99? I don't know !

Thanks a lot, I'll continue to study the asvab until I fully master it and have the confidence and knowledge to score high!!
                                I managed to score a 99 on my asvab

Comment

Working...
                                X