X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My recruiter is ignoring me

I don't know if my recruiter is ignoring me, I don't know if he's very busy. The last time we talked was around 2pm on December 21st, 2009, the last thing I told him that I'll be calling him sometimes after new years a week before I retake the asvab again. He agreed to take me to meps then I said my good byes!!

2 weeks later, I tried calling him around January 8th but no answer.. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks! I don't know if my recruiter is dead, or very busy unable to pick up any phone calls.. Usually it's the opposite, the recruiter is the constantly calling!!

I don't know what to do.. I like the guy, he's cool but at this point I don't want to wait for him I still haven't passed my asvab.. What should I do?

Re: My recruiter is ignoring me

Find another recruiter.

Comment

My recruiter ignores me too, though I already sworn in. I'd continue calling or contact a different recruiter at that office or call a different office. Try dropping by but I'd hope there is a reason to why he is ignoring you.. Sorry I can't offer much help but it seems like most recruiters bail on their new recruits once they have them in.

Comment

I've always wanted to try this....call and leave a message pretending to be a kid fresh out of highschool that was the captain of the football team with dreams of being a ranger or something.

Methinks you would get a call back pretty fast.

Comment

^ Funny .. You should contact another recruiter in the area and locate the teams NCOIC. Explain what has happened and I'm sure they will be able to help you. If not you can always contact your states strength management office.

Comment

My goal at the moment is passing the asvab, I won't signed up until late February. I guess I can get a different recruiter that's willing to help me, and this time I'll make sure to order the entire menu if we go meet at a restaurant. Last time my recruiter took me to boston market (not my favorite) he offered to buy me food but I didn't want to waste the guy's money. I didn't know he gets reimburse for everything. I'm just kidding around about the entire menu!!

I'll contact a recruiter tomorrow!!

It doesn't make any sense on why my recruiter would just ignore my calls because the end of the day, it's about them making signing new recruiters!

Comment

Don't you have to wait 30 days before you can take it again? That could be the reason he has not contacted you. Lets hope that you have taken the time to study and get that passing score.

Little off the subject....About 3 years ago I did a tour as a ADSW Recruiter and it was considered a deployment. It was some special program that was going on at the time to bring in more people. I can tell you that was a very hard job and there is a lot of stress. When they offered me a full-time AGR slot I turned it down and moved along.

Make sure you are ready to take it this time or you will have to wait over 6 months.

Comment

Just keep calling, but don't be annoying. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Perhaps call another recruiter and ask if yours in on leave. Or stop by his office. Steve's idea, too.

Comment

Originally posted by leeyo32
                  Don't you have to wait 30 days before you can take it again? That could be the reason he has not contacted you. Lets hope that you have taken the time to study and get that passing score.

Little off the subject....About 3 years ago I did a tour as a ADSW Recruiter and it was considered a deployment. It was some special program that was going on at the time to bring in more people. I can tell you that was a very hard job and there is a lot of stress. When they offered me a full-time AGR slot I turned it down and moved along.

Make sure you are ready to take it this time or you will have to wait over 6 months.
                  Wow, my recruiter never informed me if you failed the asvab twice you've to wait 6 months period. I thought you could fail many times as possible and would only have to just wait 30 days each retake. I last took it on 12-16 today is 1-19 , I'm able to retake it but man I shouldn't be in no hurry! I've been studying partially this past week because of school and insufficient sleep but thanks for informing me that's a big motivation, I can't fail this test or get a low passing score.

Yeah, He must be doing something important like ADSW, and I know this time of the season/month military personnel have 1 month vocation.

Comment

This is how I figured out a recruiter was dodging my calls from NY.

Call once using my number....call ignored

Waited two minutes...called using a (LEGAL) online caller ID spoofer, to make my number appear to be from his area code.... call answered...i hung up immediately

Waited two minutes...called again using my number...call ignored

That was my last attempt.

Comment

Just show up in his office, if he isn't there sit and wait, the other recruiters will call him to get you out of the office.

Comment

You need a recruiter that is going to work for you especially if you need a waiver.

Although, it's a two way street, you need to show the recruiter that you are serious about enlistment. Thus you should be on time to every appointment and be willing to do some accutal work, such as filling out the sf86.

Next time you go to a recruiter's office take all of your documents: SSN card, birth certificate, drivers lic., marriage cert., high school diploma, a completed sf86, which I believe you can fillout online now.

Yes recruiters go on leave and have holidays off. Next time show up with the required documents.

You need to raise your asvab score, I would suggest using the search function of this forum to look for tips.

I have a post that has useful hints to raise your score and there are many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
                          Just show up in his office, if he isn't there sit and wait, the other recruiters will call him to get you out of the office.
                          It's a 40minute round trip drive to just get ignored and kicked out!! I'm going to call him w/ my parents phone that have the same area code later today after school. I'll post the outcome by evening!! If he does pick up w/ my parents phone things are gonna get interesting..

I'm off to school bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                            You need a recruiter that is going to work for you especially if you need a waiver.

Although, it's a two way street, you need to show the recruiter that you are serious about enlistment. Thus you should be on time to every appointment and be willing to do some accutal work, such as filling out the sf86.

Next time you go to a recruiter's office take all of your documents: SSN card, birth certificate, drivers lic., marriage cert., high school diploma, a completed sf86, which I believe you can fillout online now.

Yes recruiters go on leave and have holidays off. Next time show up with the required documents.

You need to raise your asvab score, I would suggest using the search function of this forum to look for tips.

I have a post that has useful hints to raise your score and there are many others.

Thanks for the tip and about the SF86!! Calling him for almost 2 weeks w/o any answers shows how patient I am and serious about joining !!

Comment

go back to the national guard website and I think you can find a section that says apply online.

Comment

Working...
                              X