X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RSP or Ship Immediately

Sounds like there are definitely some positives to going to RSP. Whether or not you make use of your time probably determines how much you get out of it.

My recruiter told me that I should be able to RSP in my state until I ship. Not a for sure thing, but a possibility. Has anyone done / heard this?

Comment

I know in Wisconsin we RSP until we ship, I enlisted in the end of September, and I will be going every month until I ship in July. So far I've enjoyed RSP, but I wouldn't recommend doing any more than three or four months. they're starting to get repetitive. You might not have a whole lot of say when you ship though, I asked to ship in the middle of may, but instead I'm leaving the end of July. Good luck, and have a good time at meps

Comment

Man, you guys think you had it bad in RSP in terms of repetition, it's nothing compared to what we do in Student Flight (Air Guard equivalent). We don't do anything. Ever.

Basically we report at 0730 on Saturday morning and are dismissed at 1630. The time inbetween is usually spent in classroom going over rank structure, Airmen's Creed, or general military courtesies. And no, we do not have Red, Blue, and White phases in Student Flight which means you're learning the same exact stuff as the "new guys" every single drill no matter how many times you've been. I'm now about to go to my 8th drill. The only cool thing is that a former Military Training Instructor (DS, basically) ran our drill last weekend, so that changed the pace for us quite a bit. Other than that, it's usually run by a Major who kind of got forced to do the job and work with us newbies.

/end rant

Comment

Originally posted by FutureHooah
          (Air Guard equivalent). We don't do anything. Ever.
          The Air branches never doing anything is not a secret, don't worry.

Comment

Working...
          X