Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RSP pay

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
    NOOO, my experience is that the military corrects something quickly once they know it's wrong. Sometimes is may take about eight calls to someone, but eventually they get the hint.

$146 sounds about right. 227x.075=17.025 (Social insecurity) ~36 dollars life insurance, 36+17=53, 227-53=174, $174 before any taxes are taken out my RSP Warrior friend.

That's why I say you can play with your exemptions, but be ware the tax man could send you a bill at the end of the year.
    Okay, thanks for that information. I guess that is right but I still would like to see it. Ya I don't even remember claiming anything but tax man better not be sending me anything besides a check. I will have to look into that but honestly I do not understand this mypay and AKA and CAC.

If I do not have my ACU yet can I just take my paperwork and go get my I.D? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by orarng_11b
      Okay, thanks for that information. I guess that is right but I still would like to see it. Ya I don't even remember claiming anything but tax man better not be sending me anything besides a check. I will have to look into that but honestly I do not understand this mypay and AKA and CAC.

If I do not have my ACU yet can I just take my paperwork and go get my I.D? Thanks
      MyPay = website run by DFAS. It serves as your one stop for LES, W-2s, withholding etc

AKO = Army web portal for just about everything

CAC = Common Access Card, your ID and key to accessing computer systems, electronic signatures, serves as Geneva Conventions ID, etc

The problem with drill pay and tax refunds is that the amounts tend to be smallish, and when a check is small the rules on withholding change. Problem is that your annual tax liability doesn't change, so your withholding may not cover it all.

Comment

FYI if you elected for $400k in SGLI (life insurance) it is about $27.

I can't believe no one mentioned the random debt payments that you NEVER know what they are for.

Comment

Since you're new and we're talking money, I thought I would share this with you.

Traditionally, when the army doesn't pay you enough...it goes unnoticed and requires often several inquiries to get it fixed. (By the way this will happen often during your career.)

However, if the army accidentally pays you too much (as rare as this is)...expect it to be fixed pretty quickly.

As PFC Lowe said, you'll also see these debt payments on your LES that are never explained and just magically take money. I know you're infantry, but apparently HR is the REAL hard MOS in the army. It's difficult to multitask between the pay system, your facebook page and responding to text messages on your cellphone all day ya know.
          Last edited by SteveLord; January 8th, 2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orarng_11b

Yes you may........well that may depend on the state. I did. I looked messed up too in a civilian shirt and Army ID.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord

However, if the army accidentally pays you too much (as rare as this is)...expect it to be fixed pretty quickly.
              ...quickly, in a lump sum, and without consideration if it leaves you with $13 to last until the next check.

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
                MyPay = website run by DFAS. It serves as your one stop for LES, W-2s, withholding etc

AKO = Army web portal for just about everything

CAC = Common Access Card, your ID and key to accessing computer systems, electronic signatures, serves as Geneva Conventions ID, etc

The problem with drill pay and tax refunds is that the amounts tend to be smallish, and when a check is small the rules on withholding change. Problem is that your annual tax liability doesn't change, so your withholding may not cover it all.
                Ok thanks for that. How do I get my username/login and passwords for the AKO and CAC. I'd like to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
                  As PFC Lowe said, you'll also see these debt payments on your LES that are never explained and just magically take money. I know you're infantry, but apparently HR is the REAL hard MOS in the army. It's difficult to multitask between the pay system, your facebook page and responding to text messages on your cellphone all day ya know.
                  That is really funny. And it is so true.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                    Yes you may........well that may depend on the state. I did. I looked messed up too in a civilian shirt and Army ID.
                    Thanks. I messaged my recruiter so hopefully he can help me out, looks like someone has to go with me? I want my military I.D, CAC/AKO/mypay. Seems like there is still so much to figure out and understand.

I'm more into the kick doors down and ***k ***t up and not so much this kinda stuff.
                    Last edited by orarng_11b; January 8th, 2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

What is "Verify your Pay Entry Base Date (PEBD)" I am trying to create my account in the AKO.

Comment

PEBD - Pay Entry Base Date - The date you enlisted
                        DOR - Date of Rank - Date of last rank achieved
                        TIG - Time in Grade - Time in Current Rank
                        TIS - Time in Service - How long you have been in
                        BOHICA - Bend Over Here It Comes Again - The Army Admin System

Comment

I just joined in November as as an E-4...I got paid for my first RSP drill....$153.53. My friend that is an officer in the Navy came in on leave and looked at my pay stub and said hey bro, you got charged twice for your life insurance....54 dollars and some change ($400,000)....he said to get on them or I'll never see that money. Anyway...I heard I should have a military ID already, which i don't...do i just talk to my recruiter about that?

Comment

1. If you have exhaust yourself in the age of IT and you followed the above recommendations in this thread.

2. I would utilize my chain-of-command! They do still help soldiers with pay, admin, and training/logisitics problems. Contact your immediate supervisor TL,SL, or PS give them the opportunity to "FIX" the problem.

3. If the above has been exhausted. Then your 1SG usually has an "open door" policy....But be advise you better have exhausted recommendation #2 or it will be your a-$-$.

Comment

I got onto AKO somehow and now have an email.. How do I setup or receive my CAC? I still cannot get onto mypay because I do not know my pin/password so I will have to wait until I get something in the mail for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jmitchell82
                                I just joined in November as as an E-4...I got paid for my first RSP drill....$153.53. My friend that is an officer in the Navy came in on leave and looked at my pay stub and said hey bro, you got charged twice for your life insurance....54 dollars and some change ($400,000)....he said to get on them or I'll never see that money. Anyway...I heard I should have a military ID already, which i don't...do i just talk to my recruiter about that?
                                Did you read all the small text at the bottom of the LES? You may have paid for two months.

Comment

Working...
                                X