X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP pay

Its been about 2-3 weeks and the deposit finally went in today. I just have a question regarding the pay. As an E-3 it says I should make 227 at drill. The deposit was 146. Is that normal, because that seems quite a large sum of money to be taken out for S.S and whatever else they take out of a single student. I was also curious, we did order our first ACU, do they deduct that uniform from our pay? Will I be getting a pay stub for each drill? Thanks for the help.

Re: RSP pay

Your life insurance was charged to you the day you enlisted. You probably had two months of that withheld, other than that you can adjust your exemptions on the Mypay website.

Comment

Thanks, I will check out that website. Do they charge you for your first ACU or no?

Comment

Originally posted by orarng_11b
        Thanks, I will check out that website. Do they charge you for your first ACU or no?
        No they do not take out uniforms. SGLI is the most common deduction and answer to your original question.

Comment

Its been about 2-3 weeks and the deposit finally went in today. I just have a question regarding the pay. As an E-3 it says I should make 227 at drill. The deposit was 146. Is that normal, because that seems quite a large sum of money to be taken out for S.S and whatever else they take out of a single student. I was also curious, we did order our first ACU, do they deduct that uniform from our pay? Will I be getting a pay stub for each drill? Thanks for the help.
          Rev. Popeye and SteveLord answer correctly. BTW welcome to the republican party!

Comment

Okay, thank you. I hope I see some sort of pay stub to confirm this. Guess E-1's get like 100 or less for drill.

Comment

Mypay is going to send you a temporary pin in the mail.

You need to immediately log on to mypay and set a new pin number.

You will find every "pay" stub on mypay. It's called a Leave and Earnings Statement. You can print them off if you like.

*The republican party thing is a joke.

Comment

The pin comes 30-45 days after enlistment. You need also to go get your Military Id, and an AKO account.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                  Mypay is going to send you a temporary pin in the mail.

You need to immediately log on to mypay and set a new pin number.

You will find every "pay" stub on mypay. It's called a Leave and Earnings Statement. You can print them off if you like.

*The republican party thing is a joke.
                  What if we didn't do this? I got some MyPay thing in the mail but it was really unclear what it was. I had problems with AKO and I thought it was some temp pin for AKO but now reading this, maybe it was the temp pin for MyPay. I got it a few months ago. We've been having problems with my CAC pins and stuff so I thought it was one of the many "problems detected" letters. I need to get onto MyPay because I am getting shafted pay-wise. Last paycheck I got was for 94 bucks, and so far the past three have all been around 130ish. And I'm an E-3.

I assume that MyPay is completely separate from AKO then?

Comment

The pin comes 30-45 days after enlistment. You need also to go get your Military Id, and an AKO account.
                    When do I get a military I.D and an AKO account?

My recruiter has never mentioned anything of this to me, this is all new. So I check everything through online sites, such as mypay?

Well I hope my pin comes soon so I can verify everything because I still think 146 is low compared to a 227 which what an E-3 gets. I just want to make sure nothing happened, like getting paid as an E-1 or E-2. I know how the military tends to "screw" or "not care" at times.

Thanks for the help so far.

Comment

They say that in the Army the pay is mighty fine. They give you 100 dollars and take back 99.

Lol. Good march cadence.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb E.
                        What if we didn't do this? I got some MyPay thing in the mail but it was really unclear what it was. I had problems with AKO and I thought it was some temp pin for AKO but now reading this, maybe it was the temp pin for MyPay. I got it a few months ago. We've been having problems with my CAC pins and stuff so I thought it was one of the many "problems detected" letters. I need to get onto MyPay because I am getting shafted pay-wise. Last paycheck I got was for 94 bucks, and so far the past three have all been around 130ish. And I'm an E-3.

I assume that MyPay is completely separate from AKO then?
                        Yes the two are totally seperate.

Have you registered your CAC? To register a CAC you need to log on to AKO with your temporary password, and go to register CAC. And you need to be using a CAC reader at the time.

The best thing you can do is get on the telephone and call mypay, and AKO, and tell them your problem.

Comment

When do I get a military I.D and an AKO account?

My recruiter has never mentioned anything of this to me, this is all new. So I check everything through online sites, such as mypay?

Well I hope my pin comes soon so I can verify everything because I still think 146 is low compared to a 227 which what an E-3 gets. I just want to make sure nothing happened, like getting paid as an E-1 or E-2. I know how the military tends to "screw" or "not care" at times.

Thanks for the help so far.

NOOO, my experience is that the military corrects something quickly once they know it's wrong. Sometimes is may take about eight calls to someone, but eventually they get the hint.

$146 sounds about right. 227x.075=17.025 (Social insecurity) ~36 dollars life insurance, 36+17=53, 227-53=174, $174 before any taxes are taken out my RSP Warrior friend.

That's why I say you can play with your exemptions, but be ware the tax man could send you a bill at the end of the year.
                          Last edited by Chaplain4me; January 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Yes the two are totally seperate.

Have you registered your CAC? To register a CAC you need to log on to AKO with your temporary password, and go to register CAC. And you need to be using a CAC reader at the time.

The best thing you can do is get on the telephone and call mypay, and AKO, and tell them your problem.
                            To get a military ID, you need to go somewhere that issues them. It would be best if you had your ACU uniform on. Your state headquarters, or a military base are the most typical places to have one made. I don't think you need to take anything, but it would be good to take your packet with you. Call them and see what you need to do.

If you have dependants over 12 or a spouse you need to get them ID's too, just in case they ever want to take advantage of the commissary, recreation, or PX on a military installation.

As far as AKO. I would start by calling them, if you're not in the computer yet, you will need a sponsor, ie your RRNCO aka recruiter.

Comment

yes I realize I just quoted myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X