X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first AT

My first AT is starts Friday. It's gonna be 3 weeks long. Does anyone have any advice for any additional stuff to take?

Re: AT

Where is it at, whats the mission, etc...

Comment

Smyrna and Tullahoma, TN, Ft. Campbell, KY and Catoosa, GA. We're doing SRP at first and then weapons, basic soldier skills, and some MP pre-deployment training.

Comment

A few sets of civilian clothes, money, for the down time. Dress for the weather, there is a winter storm going through the area, so bring the proper gear. You unit should have a packing list, just ask them to email it to you.

Comment

Civilian clothes, pillow, laptop (with headphones), money, cell phone, something to read and snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
            A few sets of civilian clothes, money, for the down time. Dress for the weather, there is a winter storm going through the area, so bring the proper gear. You unit should have a packing list, just ask them to email it to you.
            Got the packing list already and ALL my cold weather gear. I don't plan on being a cold weather casualty.

Comment

Is it because you are deploying that your AT is now and not during the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Reynolds
                Is it because you are deploying that your AT is now and not during the summer?
                Yes my unit mobilizes in March. Unfortunately I'm not going with them.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07
                  Yes my unit mobilizes in March. Unfortunately I'm not going with them.
                  why cant you go with them?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
                    why cant you go with them?
                    I'm college first, but I volunteered to go last month and everyone I talked to said no.

Comment

Re: AT Now it's time to rant!

Ok as I'm about to walk out the door to make my drive to the hotel for AT tomorrow, I received a text message from another unit member asking me if I was going to AT or not. I replied saying yes. He then told me his team leader just told him that the rear detatchment soldiers are not going. So I called my unit just to verify and it was confirmed that I wasn't going. Well IMO this is a big load of crap that nobody from my unit bothered to contact me about this change. Apparently they lost all of the many contact info sheets several others and I filled out. Had I not known I would've traveled all the way there just to be sent home. The lack of communication is very bad. It is sad that I had to find out from hearsay.

Comment

You are absolutely correct. So remember this screw-up, promote, and do better when you are in charge.

Comment

Working...
                        X