X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the guard

well, me and my fiance wish to enlist. but what would happen if we both enlisted together. would we be sent to different camps or in different squads?

Re: the guard

Originally posted by dginter
    well, me and my fiance wish to enlist. but what would happen if we both enlisted together. would we be sent to different camps or in different squads?
    Do you both want to do the same job? Much of it depends on this of course.

Comment

Assuming you & fiancÚ are opposite s3x, chances are very low that you & fiancÚ would go to the same BCT.
      Chances are good that you & fiancÚ could get assigned the same unit (when back from IET).

Comment

Originally posted by Squash
        Assuming you & fiancÚ are opposite s3x, chances are very low that you & fiancÚ would go to the same BCT.
        Chances are good that you & fiancÚ could get assigned the same unit (when back from IET).
        I dont know about that...almost all training sites are male/female these days. If they enlist with the same MOS at the same time, chances are good they'll be in the same basic and ait. It's not definite, but it is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
          I dont know about that...almost all training sites are male/female these days. If they enlist with the same MOS at the same time, chances are good they'll be in the same basic and ait. It's not definite, but it is likely.
          Even so, they won't get much time together. I recommend attending training at the same time, but don't even try to go to the same training sites. It's not worth the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie
            Even so, they won't get much time together. I recommend attending training at the same time, but don't even try to go to the same training sites. It's not worth the hassle.

This is a very good point. Especially considering the fact that trainees are not allowed to be in relationships with each other. Sooo...you would basically not be able to let people know you were engaged anyways.

Comment

You won't be allowed to mail each other letter if you are at the same basic. What some friends of mine did was, mail the letters home, then have a friend/family member mail them back to basic. This was a few years ago though.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
                It's not definite, but it is likely.
                The Buddy Team Enlistment Option is for same gender only. Females can go to LW, Sill, or Jackson. Males can go to LW, Sill, Jackson, Benning, & Knox. Probability is 0.375, that a male and a female will go to the same Fort for BCT. The fact that the vast majority of females do go through Jackson was not calculated in to the probability.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash
                  The Buddy Team Enlistment Option is for same gender only. Females can go to LW, Sill, or Jackson. Males can go to LW, Sill, Jackson, Benning, & Knox. Probability is 0.375, that a male and a female will go to the same Fort for BCT. The fact that the vast majority of females do go through Jackson was not calculated in to the probability.
                  Im not talking about buddy enlistment, and Im not talking about statistical probabilities. Im talking about what I see happen every day. If you go to MEPS and enlist on the same day with the exact same MOS and ship date, then you will more then likely end up going to the same place. Of course, that doesnt mean you'll be in the exact same platoon while your there. And like LTC Ritchie said, you still wouldnt get much time together. It's probably a better idea to go to different places.

Comment

I wouldnt even consider this an option until you got some marriage time under your belt, would be terrible if your engagement ended and you were stuck in the same house, same platoon.

Sounds cute on paper, but not a good idea at all. Not to mention I wouldnt base my MOS be based off her gender, because ultimately that will be a deciding factor between combat arms and the "other guys"

Comment

Let me make some things known about why I said what I did.....im not being a jerk...just saying how it is. The failure rate of relationships while at BCT is terribly high. Not saying you cant make it, alot of guys did, but I saw alot of guys crying because the dear john letter. Tie that in with her being at the same camp? DRAMA DRAMA DRAM.

And to top it off, you just dont work at the same place your soon to be wife does, its bad practice.

Comment

Originally posted by davidvonyork View Post
                        Let me make some things known about why I said what I did.....im not being a jerk...just saying how it is. The failure rate of relationships while at BCT is terribly high. Not saying you cant make it, alot of guys did, but I saw alot of guys crying because the dear john letter. Tie that in with her being at the same camp? DRAMA DRAMA DRAM.

And to top it off, you just dont work at the same place your soon to be wife does, its bad practice.
                        That's not always "just how it is". I agree that it's probably a terrible idea and it may be just a matter of time before some high speed Joe with shiny badges scoops your girl up and gets passed around, but that's not always the case. If you knew them before and have a strong relationship with one another, then you can make it. It takes a lot of trust and maturity, but I'll warn you: a private in basic is anything but mature and is definitely not to be trusted.

Comment

Working...
                        X