X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time

Ok Here we go. I am a just turned 40 married father of three beautiful children. Early in life I was into my business (which I sold) and did not serve my Country. No excuses. Every single day I regret it. And I do mean, every single day. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic for 10 years now. I want to join the Guard. I dont like talking to my oldest ,10, she is not for me going but I try to explain to her that its important for our Country and for her Dad. Any input from anyone would be great, like is there med ins. offered for Guard reservists.
    Im meeting with the recruiter in the AM. He said I just need a family waiver for my dependants. Thanks again for any input and God Bless America!!

Re: It's Time

Hooah, it's never too late to serve and to give back. I hope everything goes well for you and you get the opportunity to put some honor behind your name. Good luck! As the Latins used to say: 'Sine Virtus Sine Laus', No Guts No Glory

Comment

There is both life (called SGLI and is up to $400k) and health insurance offered. Look up Tricare Reserve Select on the forums for other discussions.

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/Pro...EReserveSelect

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Papa21,

You are a stud! I completely understand how you feel. I, too, am 40 years old and am regretting not serving in the military. I always wanted to be a fighter pilot but got married really young, had 2 kids right away (have 4 now), and barely missed the age cutoff (for pilots) by 6 months (took me forever to graduate college). I really regret not joining and I am now in the process of talking to an Officer recruiter for the Utah National Guard. Hopefully I'll get accepted so I can get out there and serve my country.

Keep us posted on your progress. God bless you and good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X