X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about a death.

I don't want to give to many details, as this IS a public forum. But last week a family member of mine was killed in Iraq. His position was that of one who didn't leave the base much, if ever. Theres been some questions circling regarding his death and personally, I don't feel like second guessing the answers of my family with regards to his death.

So is there somewhere to publicly recieve information on a soldiers death? With regards to cause of death or anything like that? Like a public information office or something, with info like autopsy report and stuff?

I apoligize if this is the wrong forum, or inappropriate to ask.

Re: Questions about a death.

DoD publishes casuality reports after NOK notification. You won't get the autopsy, but the report will list a cause of death ... unless it's under investigation, in which case, it may take months to get a formal determination.

I'm guessing that you have some suspicions as to whether this death was due to enemy action. A mortar can hit anywhere on any base, so even Fobbits face some level of danger. Disease, accidents, homicides, and suicides to claim about a quarter to a third of our total deaths overseas. Within those non-enemy fatalities, it may take months to determine whether the death was an accident, suicide, or murder.

Comment

No something suggests foul play but I again I don't want to go into to many details.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. Your fam in my prayers...GL with what your trying to figure out.

Comment

Hey thanks much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X