X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with gi bill?

Ok so i joined in 2008, and sent in my application for my gi bill and do not know what to do not respose back i start college in january for owens community colllege do i still get BAH and how much is it and how long will it take to kick it
    ? what number do i call to see how my application is going and when it kicks in etc do i get bah and book paid if i am going to a community college? going for master welding
    I HAVE NOT GOT A APARTMENT YET WAITING FOR THE BAH SO I CAN GET ONE AND STOP BEING A BUM AND MOVE OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE BEEN DONE WITH BASIC TRAINING AND AIT IF I DONT HAVE A PLACE YET DO I STILL GE TMY BAH
    Last edited by bangbangshotdown; December 20th, 2010, 04:28 AM.

Re: Help with gi bill?

For the Post 9/11 GI Bill, it takes a while to process. It can take up to a couple of months for your school to get paid. Usually the school will put your account on hold until it gets paid so that you can still attend classes. The BAH is backpaid. For example, I started school in August and I didn't get my BAH until September 1st. The BAH is paid at the end of the month that you attend school. The BAH amount is based on the school's location. You can check it here http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm. Just use E-5 and the school's zip code. Your book stipend should be in your account at any time. For any questions you may have call 1-888-442-4551.

Comment

Working...
    X