X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX ARNG Education Benefits

I JUST got done with 68W AIT and I'm currently in the process of registering for my spring classes. I have a few questions:

-How long does it usually take for the State/Federal Tuition Assistance to kick in?
    -How long would it probably take me to see the first half of my bonus, and where would I go about applying for it?
    -I talked to the VA at my school and someone there told me about the Chapter 1606, how long would it take for that to kick in for me?

I'm getting handed off to my unit tomorrow, so hopefully they'll be able to answer the majority of my questions, but any help is appreciated, thanks.

Re: TX ARNG Education Benefits

1) I get my Fed TA approved in about 3 days from application.
    2) Didn't get a bonus
    3) It took about 5 weeks from application to receive my first monthly check from the VA

Comment

Re: TX ARNG Education Benefits

Hopefully it'll be pretty quick for me. I'm kind of stuck and can't really do anything in terms of registering for classes since I haven't reported into my unit yet. I know I got a bonus, and the MGIB-SR with the Kicker which is about $530/mo. Is there also a housing allowance I can apply for?

Comment

Working...
      X