X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 9/11 or Reap 1607?

All through deployment I kept hearing about the Post 9/11 GI Bill and was going to apply for it until a buddy of mine mentioned the Reap 1607. I'd never heard of this and was wondering what the better option is. Thanks!

Re: Post 9/11 or Reap 1607?

If FTA/STA covers your tuition and your percentage of BAH is low under Post-9/11, REAP might be a better option. Spend a little time to work the numbers and you'll arrive at your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by chd View Post
      If FTA/STA covers your tuition and your percentage of BAH is low under Post-9/11, REAP might be a better option. Spend a little time to work the numbers and you'll arrive at your answer.
      CHD, I see that you are an OEF Veteran that served at Guantanamo and I think its a shame that the servicemen there do not receive a SSI-FWTS because its not considered a "combat zone" as identified by CENTCOM. But your service was no picnic and I salute you.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        CHD, I see that you are an OEF Veteran that served at Guantanamo and I think its a shame that the servicemen there do not receive a SSI-FWTS because its not considered a "combat zone" as identified by CENTCOM. But your service was no picnic and I salute you.
        Sir, thank you, but... Personally, there is no way that I would wear a "combat patch" for a tour on a naval base, however unique and difficult the challenges may have been. I have my share of ribbons for the deployment for my dress uniforms, but I don't think that this service is worthy of an ACU patch most often associated with Iraq and Afghanistan.

Then again, my sentiment is likely hardened after listening to a bunch of idiots whining all year that they should get a "combat patch" just because we received imminent danger and hazardous duty pay for sitting in towers and checking ID's at the ACP... let alone what my platoon did in QRF - train all day (i.e., play video games, watch movies).

Comment

Working...
        X