• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotc

Last edited by tko333; June 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM. Reason: done

Re: rotc

Originally posted by tko333 View Post
    I need some advice/help with what I should do concerning my situation.
    I'm about to finish my associate's degree from my local community college. I want to transfer to a four year university which has a corps of cadets and rotc program. I was planning to enlist in the NG and complete BCT/AIT between the time I have finished my associate's (dec. 2010) and would be beginning my last two years of my bachelor's (august 2011) so that I could receive the GI Bill, participate in the SMP program, and also not have to take the introduction ROTC courses and just start with the advanced course. Is this plan plausible?
    Nothings ever guaranteed... but in theory yes, it is how it works. As long as you go to Basic and AIT before contracting you can start in your MS3 year

Comment

It will have to be approved by your commander.

I recently spoke with a young private, who did get all of their paperwork straightened out for ROTC, and was on the list to deploy. Thought it's not an issue.

So cross all your T's and dot your I's.

Remember you are responsible for your own career.

Comment

AIT is not required for contracting. It is required for your plan to use the GI Bill. It is possible, but you may have trouble getting all the way through your IET in a summer.

Comment

The downside to waiting to contract with ROTC can be your OMS/OML scores that help you with branching. My son transferred after his first year at another school and his gpa for his oms did not reflect his first year's grades. Overall he scored well enough that it didn't matter but it could have and one person's family member on another forum I am on it did cost them active duty.
          Look into things very carefully before you make your decision.

Comment

Working...
          X