X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slrp

After reading the previous posts on the SLRP (Student Loan Repayment Program) I am left with the following questions:

If one enlists then goes to OCS, enlists as an O9S, or joins ROTC at what point, if at all, will your SLRP be cut? Would it be upon joining the commissioning source program, the date of commission, or do you keep the SLRP once enrolled after your commission?

If you are trying to enlist with SLRP in your contract, can you do so and be in an excess slot or over strength slot, or just a vacancy?

Lastly, If you have SLRP in your contract and you transfer to a different states NG will you lose your SLRP?
    Last edited by dmoore817; July 26th, 2010, 12:52 PM.

Re: Slrp

Originally posted by Bingo
    All jobs get SLRP for enlisted. Overstrength or not.
    At least this much is not accurate. I ran into this problem. The only slot i could get for the MOS i was after was an excess slot. At that time (about 3 months ago) SLRP was only available with a 6x2 into a verified overstrength or vacancy slot. Since then (in my state at least..NC) they couldn't even recruit into overstrength, only vacancies. Right now we are on hold until October for any new enlistments.
    In the event you enlist anyway (like I did) and your slot becomes overstrength, you can extend your contract to the 6 year mark and have SLRP added to your contract.

As for the OCS portion of your question, it's been my understanding that under no circumstance will anyone in OCS be eligible for SLRP.

***I am NOT a recruiter***

Comment

As for the OCS portion of your question, it's been my understanding that under no circumstance will anyone in OCS be eligible for SLRP.

***I am NOT a recruiter***
      I was told by my recruiter that in my state (IN) that in a couple of weeks they may allow 09S to OCS the SLRP. He had to take several guys to MEPS and was going to double check with the education department today, and get back with me on Mon.

I want SLRP so, that will probably be the deciding factor whether I enlist as an E-4 and goto BCT & AIT or 09S BCT to AOCS. (yes I have my B.S. + 20 credit hours into my masters)

Comment

Thanks for the update. I've just heard that as well O9S with SLRP sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Comment

you've got my question as well. So are you saying a nonprior service man with just a B. S. could enlist as 09S, go to Basic and then immediately to OCS, get the SLRP, and keep the SLRP for the duration of the payoff, regardless of how long it takes the Guard to pay off the loans? (I'm guessing 6 years).

If so, this is a tremendous benefit.

Comment

Working...
          X