X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuition

I was reading info about the KY ARNG tuition payment and it said 100% tuition coverage but then it says it only pays up to $4500 a semester. Well my nursing tuition will be more like $6,700 a semester. Will the rest be on me and why the **** do they say 100% when that 4 grand doesn't cover any state schools semester tuition unless you only take 12 hours.

Re: Tuition

Im pretty sure they base the 100% off of the 12 hours. Since that is all that is required to be considered full time to get all your guard benefits(ie. GI Bill).

Comment

that is lame, no one who wants to finish there degree in any amount of time takes 12 hours and nursing students can't. It's not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
        that is lame, no one who wants to finish there degree in any amount of time takes 12 hours and nursing students can't. It's not allowed.
        LMAO! I love this generation of "SOMETHING FOR NOTHING"...Reinforces just how great America is and yet to become.

Comment

How about you do something in the Guard first before you expect the benefits. BCT August 30, 2010....Seriously?, and already complaining.

So slow your roll there PFC. First, 4500 Tuition Assistance is far from a lame benefit. However, regardless of that this benefit is the federal tuition assitance program that is available to every state.

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/kar/106/003/010.htm

KY clearly has their own state program which can be combined with the 4500Call your state education office and ask.
          Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; July 1st, 2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1
            How about you do something in the Guard first before you expect the benefits. BCT August 30, 2010....Seriously?, and already complaining.
            less than 60 days away.

and I start school again as soon as I get back. How much money I have to pay in tuition will determine whether I can use my bct and ait monies for a new car. I joined mainly for the tuition help vs doing the leadership training course and contracting rotc as a non-scholarship cadet. Thanks for the link by the way.

Comment

Off topic but it's my thread. They told me to gain weight to go to basic, said I needed to be 115. Will they still let me ship if I don't hit that? Me and gaining weight don't seem to be happening despite eating myself to sickness (i don't throw it up just hurt tummy from too much food) every meal.

Comment

Off topic but it's my thread. They told me to gain weight to go to basic, said I needed to be 115. Will they still let me ship if I don't hit that? Me and gaining weight don't seem to be happening despite eating myself to sickness (i don't throw it up just hurt tummy from too much food) every meal.
                I've had people fail to ship for being under weight. Are you weighing less now then when you enlisted? If you are at your enlistment weight or heavier then you shouldnt have any issue.
                Last edited by HR NCO; July 2nd, 2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

No I am not making weight right now. No waiver was needed because the lady was nice enough to add 5 pounds and cut my height by a centimeter when I first measured at meps. They said they wouldn't be able to do that for me again on ship day.

I've actually lost weight from stress and running since meps. Trying to gain it back. They just told me to bend my knees when they height check me so I can be shorter and make weight.

Comment

No I am not making weight right now. No waiver was needed because the lady was nice enough to add 5 pounds and cut my height by a centimeter when I first measured at meps. They said they wouldn't be able to do that for me again on ship day.

I've actually lost weight from stress and running since meps. Trying to gain it back. They just told me to bend my knees when they height check me so I can be shorter and make weight.
                    Im not really sure that they were doing you any favors by adding the weight when you enlisted. If you dont make weight, you will not ship and that could really mess up the time line you have laid out.

Comment

Then I must eat and eat, if they don't let me ship now I do not want to go until next summer so I will only miss one semester of classes. Wonder if they would let me do that? Plus it would mess up my signing with rotc. I need 2 years of school left to do it. If not I will end up finishing my degree and direct commission, missing out on all that rotc stipend money in the process.

Comment

Then I must eat and eat, if they don't let me ship now I do not want to go until next summer so I will only miss one semester of classes. Wonder if they would let me do that? Plus it would mess up my signing with rotc. I need 2 years of school left to do it. If not I will end up finishing my degree and direct commission, missing out on all that rotc stipend money in the process.
                        Sounds like it's time for you to go on the Oreo diet

Comment

lol I'm practically living of frozen meals, potatos, and fast food now. I drink a class of whole milk and chocolat milk a day. I even checked my period dates hoping it would fall on ship day to give me that extra 5 pounds of water weight. Weight lifting might help I guess.

Comment

You drink a glass of whole milk a day??

Try a gallon. It won't be cheap but you will definitely gain weight.

Comment

Milk shakes, Pop Tarts, and Nick at Nite (or Law and Order, you pick)

You'll get there in a hurry!

Comment

Working...
                              X