X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC/Enlistment help.

Hey, I have been through all the steps to either join the NG and the ROTC and all have fallen through thus far.
    I am not able to receive the ROTC scholarship due to low SAT "1260" now the fact that i didn't get the scholarship doesn't really turn me from the guard but the fact that i was told this just today by an ROTC officer.

You currently have 2 options I can think of.

1) If you enlist now, you would still not be able to participate in our ROTC program as a SMP cadet unless you only have 3 yrs left of school for your undergraduate degree. So you could reapply when that statement is true.

2) You could not enlist and do a semester of community college and try to transfer to a university under our program the following semester. At that point SAT/ACT scores donít matter and GPA is whats used.

Now i don't have to go SMP right away and both options are not options for me at all.
    I plan to join the guard, but only if there's a way to be in the guard and attend ROTC non scholarship. I really want to oin the guard but only if i go through college and become an officer of the army.

any and all help welcome i can give more details upon request.

Re: ROTC/Enlistment help.

I really want to join the guard but only if i go through college and become an officer of the army.
    Not wanting or expecting much eh? What are you waiting for then? Did you really score that low on your SAT? If so, you really need to hit the books and STUDY!

If and when decide to attend a community college you better concentrate on the basics....READING, WRITING, and ARITHMETIC. Everything else will fall in place. Good luck and remember UNCLE SUGAR takes care of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
      Not wanting or expecting much eh? What are you waiting for then? Did you really score that low on your SAT? If so, you really need to hit the books and STUDY!

If and when decide to attend a community college you better concentrate on the basics....READING, WRITING, and ARITHMETIC. Everything else will fall in place. Good luck and remember UNCLE SUGAR takes care of his own.
      I am not going to a community college i have been excepted into a few University's and my SAT score was 1260 not the best but not everyone is the smartest i currently have a GPA of 3.2 so im not exactly dumb i am just a bad test taker.
      and what do you mean by no expecting much? i know what iwant and expect from myself.

Comment

What i want to know is if there is a way to enlist and also contract with the ROTC while not under SMP, because SMP is a program that starts your 2 year of college.

Comment

I don't see how they would stop you taking the first two years non contracted like any other college student. I knew a prior service guy who did this, he could have started as MS3 but started instead at MS1 because of the school he had left to finish. It would be sort of a waste though considering you don't need those classes.

Comment

thanx for the insight, i will be in contact with the ROTC office in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
              I don't see how they would stop you taking the first two years non contracted like any other college student. I knew a prior service guy who did this, he could have started as MS3 but started instead at MS1 because of the school he had left to finish. It would be sort of a waste though considering you don't need those classes.
              easy credits, probably jsut making a light load

Comment

Working...
              X