Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about the GI post 9/11 bill

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A question about the GI post 9/11 bill

    I have a two part question that I hope someone can answer. If you only have a percentage of the GI bill, lets say 60%. Are u responsibly for the other 40%. I ask because I was told by a veterans councilor that if you only have 60% covered some schools or all (not sure) will cover the other 40%, especially if they have a yellow ribbon program. My second question is does the post 9/11 bill cover private schools or just public. If both are they covered in different ways or the same.

  • #2
    Re: A question about the GI post 9/11 bill

    Originally posted by army1988
    I have a two part question that I hope someone can answer. If you only have a percentage of the GI bill, lets say 60%. Are u responsibly for the other 40%. I ask because I was told by a veterans councilor that if you only have 60% covered some schools or all (not sure) will cover the other 40%, especially if they have a yellow ribbon program. My second question is does the post 9/11 bill cover private schools or just public. If both are they covered in different ways or the same.
    I think that the Yellow Ribbon Program is only offered once you have three years of Title 10. You could always apply for a scholarship and, given your military status, be given preferred treatment. There are many ways to skin the tuition fee cat.

    You can use the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill at public and private schools. They are covered in the same way as it pertains to your question, but a public school in your home state is likely included in your State's Tuition Assistance program.

    Your percentage benefit can be combined with State and Federal Tuition Assitance, too. So after your Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefit, you can also draw $250/credit hour of FTA... and whatever your state benefit may be.

    Your best bet is to figure out where you want to go to school (or better yet, where you are going) and work out the payment for each one. Since every choice will be different, a one-size-fits-all approach to this question isn't possible. And search these forums.

    Comment

    Working...
    X