Re: What college did/do you go to?

Originally posted by 7011USMC
    Central Texas College- Killeen Texas AAS Criminal Justice 1988
    Ohio University-Chillicothe OPOTA 1994
    Ohio University-Athens AAS Accounting 1996
    Ohio Christian University-Circleville BA Business Management 2004
    Ohio University-Athens MA Organizational Management 2010
    Good to see a fellow Buckeye!

Although I didn't attend OU, I have been to many-a-Halloweens there, yikes! You Bobcats can throw a party!

Bowling Green State University- BA- Geographic Information Systems/Remote Sensing *GO FALCONS*
    University of Toledo- MA- Geography and Urban Planning *GO ROCKETS*

Comment

My wife's the only one who's taken college classes. I'm proud of her for that.

I personally haven't stepped foot into a college classroom ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PalatialGabe
        My ASVAB score > Your ASVAB score

Please tell me that is sarcasm because people try to compare ASVAB scores on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerly SGT Pflueger
          Please tell me that is sarcasm because people try to compare ASVAB scores on here.

Really? They actually compare that on here? Never Noticed.. Next it would be my RSP is harder than your RSP.. or something like that... FI

Comment

Originally posted by Irene
            Good to see a fellow Buckeye!

Although I didn't attend OU, I have been to many-a-Halloweens there, yikes! You Bobcats can throw a party!

Bowling Green State University- BA- Geographic Information Systems/Remote Sensing *GO FALCONS*
            University of Toledo- MA- Geography and Urban Planning *GO ROCKETS*
            Buckeye for life! OU is a top 10 party school...Shame I was in my 40's as a student (dirty ole man). Don't forget Palmer fest (street party)...A nightmare for LE community! Love those Rolling Hills (Hocking Hills)
            Last edited by 7011USMC; June 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Was dumb enough to pay to get yelled at for a year, but wouldn't change a thing if I could do it over.

The Citadel
              Class of 2004
              "MDK, FTT"
              B.S. Civil and Enviromental Engineering

Comment

Jacksonville University
                Class of 1985
                BS Mathematics
                BS Computer Information Systems

Comment

So if I may ask everyone here how has your degree helped in your civilian life as well?

Comment

Well it is like the short NBC commericals back in the 90's with the rainbow "the more you'll learn the more you'll earn". I think to be competitive in todays market place you have to have "paper" (degree) along with a skill set or trade.

Empircal data states that traditionally degree holders tend to earn more than non degree holders over the working lifetime. Futhermore, graduates and post graduates earn more than the undergraduate degree holder over the working lifetime.

That doesn't mean too much to me though! As a wise person here on the forum says "live well". My best advice is too earn your degree, get a job, master your craft, build network contacts, and do not accumulate unnecessary debt.

I earn a good living, educated my children, and work for myself. Trust me it wasn't because of degree or that I had it handed too me. It was from hard work and sweat off my brow. Likewise, I have many friends and relatives that are union workers: Blacksmiths, electricians, longshoreman, and nuclear chemical laborers. They make over $100k per annum; Along with per diem, and overtime.

Biggest thing is doing something you enjoy. Somtimes money isn't everything. If you live within your means, save & invest, and have strong work ethic...Living well isn't too hard to achieve
                    Last edited by 7011USMC; June 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X