X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRAP program for BSN in Nursing?

I am very interested in going back to school for nursing but would need to go full time and there for need income. I saw that under the strap program you can receive active duty pay while going to school. Is that right? Is that only for graduate school? I already have a BS degree but not in nursing so this would be another BS degree.... any help would be great!

Re: STRAP program for BSN in Nursing?

If your not an officer already you can make up to $1300 a month in stipends doing rotc.

Comment

the recruiter said something about if you are active duty while in college you would get paid an officer's pay?? Do you know what he ment?

Comment

Dunno, I'm only a pfc just enlisted last month. I know you make e-5 pay in rotc.

Comment

Need to set you up with an AMEDD OSM in your state. STRAP program is only for accredited programs RECOGNIZED by the Army. I had a candidate who's college was accredited, but their accredidation was not recognized by the Army. He won't stop arguing...bottom line, the Army must recognize the program, and the AMEDD OSM in your state will tell you if your program qualifies.

Comment

I thought STRAP was for Master's degree programs, and only certain programs?

not true?

Comment

I can't find a AMEDD OSM in my area. I call the 1800 number and they put me in contact with a recruiter who said I didn't need a AMEDD recruiter he could help me but he didn't even know what the STRAP program was!! So if anyone knows of an AMEDD recruiter in nc please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband
                I thought STRAP was for Master's degree programs, and only certain programs?

not true?
                STRAP pays medical residents (doctors going through specialty training) a stipend of about $2K/month. They owe the Guard 2:1 for every year they accept after they are done with residency training and board certified.

Comment

that's pretty good if I go to medical school after finishing my bsn.

Comment

Working...
                  X