X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Duty Pay

The U.S. Army active duty pay scale for an E-3 with <2 years of service (me) is $1,706. The Active Duty gets paid the 1st and 15th of every month, so does this mean that an E-3 would get $1,706 twice during a month?

Re: Active Duty Pay

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier
    The U.S. Army active duty pay scale for an E-3 with <2 years of service (me) is $1,706. The Active Duty gets paid the 1st and 15th of every month, so does this mean that an E-3 would get $1,706 twice during a month?
    Nice try! Sorry dude that 1,706X.30%(fed tax, fica, & state tax)= 1194.2/2= $597.10 per 1st and 15th.

Maybe a little more or less YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan3838
      Thought base pay was not taxed?
      Base pay is taxable. Allowances usually are not taxed.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier
        That is for the full month of pay...split it on the 1st and 15th. I wish it was twice a month!

Comment

Base pay, for the month split for the 1st and 15th
          BAH (use the search button its covered enough) after 30days
          Subsistance
          Haz duty $150 (if applicable- Jump Pay)
          SDAP (if applicable 18 series only)

*if you are away from your home station ie. BCT you get Seperation pay $250 (if applicable)

This is for ADSW, AGR, ADOS (not for Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
            SDAP (if applicable 18 series only)
            Not only...dont forget about 79T

Comment

Lonestar, no state tax, we're TEXASSSS!!!!(thick southern drawl)

If you're single, you should claim S-1 and take home approximately 80% of your base pay. + you will get a small bit of allowance.

Now, if you're a college student, you could actually clalim S-2 and take home slightly more than 80%, more like 85%, because you will be in a very low tax bracket. (This assumes you are only going to basic and AIT, and you don't have substantial earnings before you go to basic)

Comment

Haha, if only if only right? Well, stepping out of my dream, me being in AIT for 16 weeks (roughly four months) puts me at around $4800 not including deductions right?

Comment

you're going split option, E-3

don't forget you should be paid for your accumulated leave. if you're gone 16 weeks, that's four months of leave, 2.5 days per month= 10 days of base pay added on, pretty nice.

E-3 pay, 1700 a month X .8 = ~1360 per month. make math easier 1300 X 4 months = 5200, then add in 10 days, which is 1/3 of a month = 450

5200 + 450 = $5650 take home, before allowances. Allowances are tax-exempt. don't know how much you will get. if you have a discussion with your wife about pay, tell her consider any allowances money a bonus, just plan on getting the net amount per month.

Also, if you forget to tell her about getting paid for the accumulated leave, that's okay as well, because it's a lump sum at the end, and she shouldn't count on using it to pay for any bills.

For some of the young ones on the board 'forgetting' to tell her about paid leave is nothing. When I was in we had guys who had their own special checking account for their drill pay, and some of them claimed to tell their wife it was far less than it actually was. One guy claimed he had his wife convinced he was doing it for love of country and was earning 0.
                  Last edited by 49thadband; April 2nd, 2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X