X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard Scholarship Question

I am in the guard now and currently in the ROTC also (doing smp). I was wondering about the two scholarships. I am going to apply for the scholarships right after basic this summer (when I will be starting my sophmore year at college) and my question is regarding the tuition assistance and the room and board money. Can I get both of those or only one or the other? I know I read somewhere that the guard pays 100% tuition for people that do not have a rotc scholarship, so does that mean if I take the room and board money I still get my school paid for? Also, how is the room and board amount decided upon since it can only go up to 10000$?

Is there a difference between the two regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Guard Scholarship Question

Originally posted by rconner1988
    I am in the guard now and currently in the ROTC also (doing smp). I was wondering about the two scholarships. I am going to apply for the scholarships right after basic this summer (when I will be starting my sophmore year at college) and my question is regarding the tuition assistance and the room and board money. Can I get both of those or only one or the other? I know I read somewhere that the guard pays 100% tuition for people that do not have a rotc scholarship, so does that mean if I take the room and board money I still get my school paid for? Also, how is the room and board amount decided upon since it can only go up to 10000$?

Is there a difference between the two regarding this?

Thanks in advance.
    Read my brilliant and informative posts, and see if you have any questions left.

Comment

Re: Guard Scholarship Question

Alright thank you, that answered many of my questions. I still have two though. How is the room and board money amount decided on and how do many recruits do the TA or room and board options (if you know or have an idea)?

also do I still get a pell grant if I get the scholarship? (if so then it would be more beneficial to simply take the room and board over TA)
      Last edited by rconner1988; February 27th, 2010, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X