Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Incentive Contract Term"

Greetings,

Ive asked quite a few people and continue to get various answers, so I'm going to attempt to nip this in the bud.

I enlisted August 08. Graduated Basic/AIT October 09, received a lump sump bonus November 09.

I want to SMP-ROTC.

My RNCO tells me if I Contract ROTC within 1 year of receiving the bonus, I will lose it.

ROTC/My recruiter tells me if I contract 1 year of swearing in, I will lose it.

My contract says,
    Section V - Termination Without Recoupment
    Become a participant in the SMP/ROTC advanced course or receive an ROTC scholarship and have served more than one year of the "enlisted incentive contract term"

WHAT is this "enlisted incentive contract term"?

Thank you,
    PFC Walter
    Ohio National Guard

Re: "Incentive Contract Term"

The incentive contract term is the period of time for which you enlisted in order to recieve the bonus (usually 3 or 6 years).

Comment

Re: "Incentive Contract Term"

Originally posted by ezewalter
      Greetings,

Ive asked quite a few people and continue to get various answers, so I'm going to attempt to nip this in the bud.

I enlisted August 08. Graduated Basic/AIT October 09, received a lump sump bonus November 09.

I want to SMP-ROTC.

My RNCO tells me if I Contract ROTC within 1 year of receiving the bonus, I will lose it.

ROTC/My recruiter tells me if I contract 1 year of swearing in, I will lose it.

My contract says,
      Section V - Termination Without Recoupment
      Become a participant in the SMP/ROTC advanced course or receive an ROTC scholarship and have served more than one year of the "enlisted incentive contract term"

WHAT is this "enlisted incentive contract term"?

Thank you,
      PFC Walter
      Ohio National Guard
      You can contract no earlier than Nov 2010 to avoid recoupment.

Comment

Working...
      X