Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Online Degree

Originally posted by shortnsweet8
    Please show me a University that offers 2-week courses?
    Many schools have mini-terms that last a week or two. I know Southern Miss has classes that run five days, 8-5 for three semester hours of credit. Of course, all the classes one takes there won't be so short.

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
      Many schools have mini-terms that last a week or two. I know Southern Miss has classes that run five days, 8-5 for three semester hours of credit. Of course, all the classes one takes there won't be so short.
      A mini-term is different than what was said above by those bashing online degree programs. University of Missouri- St. Louis offers those mini-terms in the winter, but very few classes are offered.

Comment

You asked for schools that offer two week courses without a qulification. If a mini-term is good enough a short class can be good enough. My question would be about support for stundents and the exams' rigor.

Comment

I'm reading these posts, and sorry just had to chime in here. I am in college now in my Jr. year doing the ROTC thing. I don't care what no one says going to college has been a huge waste of my time!!! Online or at the campus, I've done them both, I'm taking an online class now and it does not make me any better or worse. I am only going to college because I am checking the block. It's something that society says I have to do to get promoted among my peers. I can not say that I have learned anything and that's sad. What I have learned will never apply to anything in the real world. That's just like in High School you learn about Geometry or algebra, man come on, teach these kids how to balance a check book. Teach them how to file taxes, teach them stuff they will use in life!!! So just check the block man, online or not, your just doing what is required to move up in society.

Comment

Originally posted by batman
            I'm reading these posts, and sorry just had to chime in here. I am in college now in my Jr. year doing the ROTC thing. I don't care what no one says going to college has been a huge waste of my time!!! Online or at the campus, I've done them both, I'm taking an online class now and it does not make me any better or worse. I am only going to college because I am checking the block. It's something that society says I have to do to get promoted among my peers. I can not say that I have learned anything and that's sad. What I have learned will never apply to anything in the real world. That's just like in High School you learn about Geometry or algebra, man come on, teach these kids how to balance a check book. Teach them how to file taxes, teach them stuff they will use in life!!! So just check the block man, online or not, your just doing what is required to move up in society.
            Everything you do in life is what you make of it, take basket weaving in college and you'll waste 4+ years of your life.

Comment

Yeah, I tried that one, they did not offer it, that must be one of them online degrees, you took. Dang should have tried it.

Comment

Just out of curiosity I talked with a rep from Post University and they will count my MP training for 33 credits towards my degree. The credits are transferable and the FTA will cover it. Sounds good so I'm going to try a few classes and see how it compares to traditional classroom learning.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07
                  Just out of curiosity I talked with a rep from Post University and they will count my MP training for 33 credits towards my degree. The credits are transferable and the FTA will cover it. Sounds good so I'm going to try a few classes and see how it compares to traditional classroom learning.
                  33 is a lot, wow. You're already a sophomore.

Comment

Working...
                  X