Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.R.R. status = Free council?

Hey,

I got into a car accident and feel strongly that it not getting handled correctly too say the least. I am not a traditional solider anymore since August 2009, but on I.R.R. status (combat vet here), do I still retain that benefit or no?Wanted to post on here to ask before I start calling my old unit to check (which i'll do no matter what on here, just getting more ideas on the situation)

Any help, thanks to you.

SGT Bart

Re: I.R.R. status = Free council?

Since when do we get free council regardless? That's a new one on me.

Whats the deal with the accident? What's your insurance company doing?

Comment

hmm, almost was sure that we recieved free council while a 1 weekend a month warrior, but perhaps not. May have misunderstood it from title 32 orders or something. I just want to make sure that this is getting handled correctly vs trusting in my insurance company is handeling it correctly being my 1st accident and how it is getting handled does not seem correct to me. But this is my 1st accident

Comment

I have to agree with Steve. I don't recall ever getting that benefit. And I've been IRR before myself...to which you don't get any benefits that I recall except that of a vet considering that you're honorably discharged.

And from working for an insurance company for 5 years...here's a little advise from something I had to deal with. My car's hood flipped up in my face while driving and caused extensive damage to my car. My car got "totalled out" as an "at fault" accident, and the Insurance Company was offering me peanuts for it. From a claims adjuster, she told me to go online and research cars being sold that are like yours. Meaning around the same mileage, in the same area, same model, close to the same year, close to the same features, etc. etc. etc. And note them (print out the webpages) and show that to your insurance company so you can settle on how much money you'll get. Always go high in asking price, and they'll always low-ball you then nickle-n-dime your car up to further reduce the amount of money to pay you (which is why your car research will come in handy for the approximate sale value of your car). Therefore when you settle, you'll both be at the middle and hopefully around the selling price of what your car would normally be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom's Mistake
          I have to agree with Steve. I don't recall ever getting that benefit. And I've been IRR before myself...to which you don't get any benefits that I recall except that of a vet considering that you're honorably discharged.

And from working for an insurance company for 5 years...here's a little advise from something I had to deal with. My car's hood flipped up in my face while driving and caused extensive damage to my car. My car got "totalled out" as an "at fault" accident, and the Insurance Company was offering me peanuts for it. From a claims adjuster, she told me to go online and research cars being sold that are like yours. Meaning around the same mileage, in the same area, same model, close to the same year, close to the same features, etc. etc. etc. And note them (print out the webpages) and show that to your insurance company so you can settle on how much money you'll get. Always go high in asking price, and they'll always low-ball you then nickle-n-dime your car up to further reduce the amount of money to pay you (which is why your car research will come in handy for the approximate sale value of your car). Therefore when you settle, you'll both be at the middle and hopefully around the selling price of what your car would normally be.
          Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
          X