Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear about the new 'system' for E7-E9? Maybe even E5/6 but it hasnt been confirmed, we have conflicting information. Wisconsin for some reason has been taking part of pilot programs for a couple years now, often. We are starting this one but it isnt supposed to go into effect until 2012. It was very interesting to me. The entire Soldier concept rather then based on points with current situation and only on those points. We got the section brief this past weekend and brief it to the unit next month. Thought it was pretty cool. Our NCOIC was briefed the 'old' system is only for E4s, but the pamphlets all say the new one is for 7-9 so not sure.
    Last edited by WIBecky74; December 6th, 2010, 09:23 PM.

Re: 4100

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
    Heard about the new 'system' for E7-E9? Maybe even E5/6 but it hasnt been confirmed, we have conflicting information. Wisconsin for some reason has been taking part of pilot programs for a couple years now, often. We are starting this one but it isnt supposed to go into effect until 2012. It was very interesting to me. The entire Soldier concept rather then based on points with current situation and only on those points. We got the section brief this past weekend and brief it to the unit next month. Thought it was pretty cool. Our NCOIC was briefed the 'old' system is only for E4s, but the pamphlets all say the new one is for 7-9 so not sure.
    Yea, we had a senior leadership conference in Atlantic city and this was one of the classes. A bunch of changes. It didn't seem like our NCO's were happy about it, but they hate the current system too so it comes down to which is the lesser evil lol.

Comment

Becky, do you have a ppt on this that you could email me?

Comment

No, its actually being implemented already with us but besides the briefings my COC got to put out to us, all i've seen is literally a pamphlet on it. One piece of paper folded three ways... Its pretty straight forward though. Five member board, they go over not just last APFT, but look to see what your patterns are, they are looking for those soldiers who only buck up just before eval time and then back to bad habits, it will be a six point system, and all five have to be within one point of each other for each soldier. Helping in favortism. Same catagories basically, but its a Whole Soldier Concept, not just what they did the past month to make them look better. Again, she was briefed only E4s will have the 'old' system but the pamphlet that came down is showing E7 and above only using new system. It also says it will be implemented in 2012 for everyone. We brief it to Brigade next month, I should know more. The list will still come out like normal, least as of now, just it wont be like old points. My first thought was oh, easier way to make some of those not so favorite people to disappear from list and add who they want, but the more I listened the less it seemed that way. The old PPT we had we went over as a refresher for when we give the class, but the last few slides being addded to the end to show the changes havent been put in yet.
        Last edited by WIBecky74; December 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

No, its actually being implemented already with us but besides the briefings my COC got to put out to us, all i've seen is literally a pamphlet on it. One piece of paper folded three ways... Its pretty straight forward though. Five member board, they go over not just last APFT, but look to see what your patterns are, they are looking for those soldiers who only buck up just before eval time and then back to bad habits, it will be a six point system, and all five have to be within one point of each other for each soldier. Helping in favortism. Same catagories basically, but its a Whole Soldier Concept, not just what they did the past month to make them look better. Again, she was briefed only E4s will have the 'old' system but the pamphlet that came down is showing E7 and above only using new system. It also says it will be implemented in 2012 for everyone. We brief it to Brigade next month, I should know more. The list will still come out like normal, least as of now, just it wont be like old points. My first thought was oh, easier way to make some of those not so favorite people to disappear from list and add who they want, but the more I listened the less it seemed that way. The old PPT we had we went over as a refresher for when we give the class, but the last few slides being addded to the end to show the changes havent been put in yet.
          What made me mad about it was that the people rating them had to be within a point of each other or else they would have to reconvene and figure out why one was so low and the rest were high or vice versa. So if you liked or didn't like the person, you could basically continue to sway the vote until it went a certain way. Also they were saying certain people couldn't be on the boards, but if noone on the boards knows the person, how can that help? And that you aren't supposed to speak and compare notes or your points with another member of the board. How does that make you able to get close to the same scores? It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out.

Comment

Thank you and I like the discussion because they are the same things everyone else will bring up and i'll have a list for us to try to have answered before we do it.

Comment

Thank you and I like the discussion because they are the same things everyone else will bring up and i'll have a list for us to try to have answered before we do it.
              Good, I thought maybe my complaining may be in vain lol.It doesn't affect me at all, but I hate to see my NCO's in uproar about it. Its hard to think of a different "better" way to do it though.

Comment

When I first heard it my thoughts went to why are we doing all these pilot things. I kinda thought it out loud and a discussion came about over that. One great point brought up was being a part of it you get to also help with working out the kinks or saying it was a complete **** or whatever. We were a part of the new way you do two ATs basically (one two week, one three) and then 2.5 months at MOB. I dont think that has changed yet (perhaps) but you can guarauntee We did our part and made sure to voice their negative opinions!
                Last edited by WIBecky74; December 7th, 2010, 07:43 PM. Reason: I said umm a word for something that blows up and it was X'ed out!

Comment

Working...
                X