X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting BAH from HOR?

I just got offered an AGR position and the BAH in the zip code I report too is extremely lower than the BAH I received while on ADSW. I was told there might be a way to claim my HOR for BAH, however, I have also been told that I can't do this on my first tour.

Basically I'm getting no straight answers (I don't think they know up at state).

Does anyone know the skinny on this policy and how I can change this asap?

Thanks

Re: Requesting BAH from HOR?

9f9a43ae2844d67faf904f47394a1617.zip

BAH for active duty Soldiers is based on the zip code of the duty station, not the zip code of where you live (which is how the Army calculates BAH for M-Day Soldiers). If the difference is significant, you may wish to request a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowance in order to move closer to work.

I have attached guidance on a related situation which isn't entirely relevant in your case, since this is your initial tour. You are welcome to ask for an exception to policy, but I don't expect favorable resolution.

Comment

Thank you sir,

I was told to apply for the Exception to policy, however, there's no real exception seeing I just volunteered for AGR, etc...so that's a NO GO.

I was also told you can request pay based on HOR, however, they mentioned again that unless I'm command directed, there's nothing I can do...

Just wanted to verify this, I'm quickly finding out that the info passed down isn't necessarily the correct information (in many cases) so this is the only place I knew where to turn.

As always Sir, Thanks for your help!

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR PROMOTION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OCScandidate View Post
        AND CONGRATS ON YOUR PROMOTION!!!
        Comparing your username to signature block, I suppose congratulations are in order for you as well.

Comment

Working...
        X