Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retired Reserve to IRR

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Retired Reserve to IRR

    Anyone know the process? I transferred to the Retired Reserve after moving to TN and not being able to find a slot. In hindsight, I should have transferred to the IRR.

    Does anyone facilitate such transfers?

    Lyle Jones

  • #2
    Re: Retired Reserve to IRR

    Originally posted by Lyle.Jones
    Anyone know the process? I transferred to the Retired Reserve after moving to TN and not being able to find a slot. In hindsight, I should have transferred to the IRR.

    Does anyone facilitate such transfers?

    Lyle Jones
    AR 140-10, Chapter 6.

    Remember that once you're in the IRR, you are subject to mobilization. What is your goal? Do you want to get back into a unit and start drilling?
    Last edited by matthew.ritchie; August 5th, 2010, 11:39 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Retired Reserve to IRR

      Originally posted by matthew.ritchie
      AR 140-10, Chapter 6.

      Remember that once you're in the IRR, you are subject to mobilization. What is your goal? Do you want to get back into a unit and start drilling?
      I'd love to get back in a unit, but couldn't find a slot when I moved here from AZ.

      Mobilization? Fine with me. In fact, one reason I want to get into the IRR would be to take advantage of available tours.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Retired Reserve to IRR

        Originally posted by Lyle.Jones
        I'd love to get back in a unit, but couldn't find a slot when I moved here from AZ.

        Mobilization? Fine with me. In fact, one reason I want to get into the IRR would be to take advantage of available tours.
        Doesn't guarantee 100% you'll get anything. You could in theory sit on the IRR for years and not go anywhere.

        At least with drilling, you are training, making friends, getting some beer money (plus benefits) and can still put your name on that national volunteer list. (the name escapes me, but it's been mentioned a lot on the forums)

        Just throwing that out there if you can get a slot in something.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Retired Reserve to IRR

          Originally posted by matthew.ritchie
          AR 140-10, Chapter 6.

          Remember that once you're in the IRR, you are subject to mobilization. What is your goal? Do you want to get back into a unit and start drilling?
          It's not as easy as just referring to the AR! Do you make the application on a 4187? A request for orders? Will anyone on the other end actually care about processing it?

          Comment

          Working...
          X