X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotc age limit

I know this is not the exact forum for this but what the heck. I have just found out. a little late but what the heck. Has an ROTC program. i am 32 and just joined the guard from what i hear but that is on another thread. Can i do SMP or am i to old to even join ROTC?

Re: Rotc

Think your to old man, but call the college or univ you wana attend. I did ROTC for 3 years at UWF. Our oldest guy was prior military and like 27

Comment

[QUOTE=Acc0rd]Think your to old man, but call the college or univ you wana attend. I did ROTC for 3 years at UWF. Our oldest guy was prior military and like 27[/QUOTE]

i thought i might be a little old. i was not sure if they backed of the 5 years of active service i had. i will give them a call.

thank you

Comment

[QUOTE=spc corsi]I know this is not the exact forum for this but what the heck. I have just found out. a little late but what the heck. Has an ROTC program. i am 32 and just joined the guard from what i hear but that is on another thread. Can i do SMP or am i to old to even join ROTC?[/QUOTE]

I [I]think [/I]that I am right, so take it with a grain of salt...

You're "too old" for the ROTC scholarship (age limit: 30 tender years), but not too old "for the training." I think that you still fit in the window to be a scholarshipless cadet.

Comment

Not real worried about the scholoriship. thats what GI bill is for:D :D
          shame on me for not researching the college in my own town.

Comment

[QUOTE=spc corsi]Not real worried about the scholoriship. thats what GI bill is for:D :D
            shame on me for not researching the college in my own town.[/QUOTE]

True.

Although you can forfeit the "tuition" portion of the scholarship and take advantage of (again, I [I]think[/I] with regard to the amount) up to $10,000 for living expenses instead.

I've been kicking myself about that as I'll barely just be too old for that myself next year when I'm back in the U.S.

Comment

No clue if it's a case by case basis, but I am in ROTC, am 31 right now and I'll be 33 when I commission.

Comment

[QUOTE=spc corsi]I appreciate all the imput. i will keep everyone posted on how it goes. i have an app with the ROTC folks here.[/QUOTE]

Your age at commissioning should be the first issue you raise. If they tell you it's no problem, then get it in writing from the ROTC commander. The age waiver will need to go to Cadet Command, and prior service Soldiers get additional consideration.

Comment

I'm 32 and ROTC let me in.

Comment

Working...
                  X