X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guard to Active

[QUOTE=Mongoose772;162088]Honestly, I have no idea what this question means, or even if it's a complete sentence.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Comment

[QUOTE=dillibob;149818]well im new to th gaurd and i plan on staying on gurad duty for a year or two. but id also like t ogo active can annyone tell me there thoughts on going active pros and cons thnks[/QUOTE]

Seriously??

Comment

[QUOTE=dillibob;149818]well im new to th gaurd and i plan on staying on gurad duty for a year or two. but id also like t ogo active can annyone tell me there thoughts on going active pros and cons thnks[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=suthrnbelle;162070]I was wondering how points i would have to drill before going active, i would like to try as soon as i possibly could?[/QUOTE]

This thread is filled with fail.

Comment

[QUOTE=ParalegalNCO1;162297]Seriously??[/QUOTE]

God help us all. There was a time when serious men enlisted in the armed forces in order to fight for their nation. Now it is mostly illiterate half-wits whose mere existence is an affront to grammatical integrity.

Comment

I like to think I have an penchant for proper vernacular, and personally detest poor sentence structure. Yet, in the questioners potential defense, it is possible that they are accessing the forums via a smart phone or other handheld device. That, along with the generational gap I'm beginning to experience with the "text generation", might be at least part of the reason they sound like nimrods.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mongoose772;162326]I like to think I have an penchant for proper vernacular, and personally detest poor sentence structure. Yet, in the questioners potential defense, it is possible that they are accessing the forums via a smart phone or other handheld device. That, along with the generational gap I'm beginning to experience with the "text generation", might be at least part of the reason they sound like nimrods.[/QUOTE]

I am 28, and I have zero tolerance for this idiocy. No one [I]made[/I] him use a smartphone to access these fora; he chose to do that rather than use a computer. It is the responsibility of the poster to carry himself with some degree of dignity, and on an internet message board the only way to do that is to use something vaguely reminiscent of proper spelling and grammar. If a smartphone makes that difficult, then perhaps another device would serve him better.

I do not demand that everyone live up to the grammatical standards I have set for myself. What I expect is that some attempt be made to come off as a serious person with some conviction.

Comment

[QUOTE=jwarren;162328]I am 28, and I have zero tolerance for this idiocy. No one [I]made[/I] him use a [B]smartphone [/B]to access these fora; he chose to do that rather than use a computer. It is the responsibility of the poster to carry himself with some degree of dignity, and on an internet message board the only way to do that is to use something vaguely reminiscent of proper spelling and grammar. If a smartphone makes that difficult, then perhaps another device would serve him better.

I do not demand that everyone live up to the grammatical standards I have set for myself. What I expect is that some attempt be made to come off as a serious person with some conviction.[/QUOTE]

There are only 2 possibilities:

1. Some of these posters are, indeed, illiterate fools.

-or-

2. *Gasp* A smartphone is not a replacement for a laptop or a desktop!

Comment

[QUOTE=Polo08816;162330]There are only 2 possibilities:

1. Some of these posters are, indeed, illiterate fools.

-or-

2. *Gasp* A smartphone is not a replacement for a laptop or a desktop![/QUOTE]

LOL OMG WUUUUT

What I love is when soldiers announce they have or are about to "rank up". I'll make sure and do the same when I get promoted.

Comment

[QUOTE=show_stopper999;162292]Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/QUOTE]

I've read this about 10 times (5 out loud) and I still can't decide if this is a serious question or if it's a joke.

Either way, thank you for the laughs sir.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mongoose772;162326]I like to think I have an penchant for proper vernacular, and personally detest poor sentence structure. Yet, in the questioners potential defense, it is possible that they are accessing the forums via a smart phone or other handheld device. That, along with the generational gap I'm beginning to experience with the "text generation", might be at least part of the reason they sound like nimrods.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to do with smartphone issues. Since the hip-hop era and slang becoming more mainstream; English writing skills have deteriorated immensely. From the inner cities to the suburbs; mostly prominent in the lower to mid-lower classes; the problem has moved beyond the minority communities. You go to a British forum and they destroy us with their English skills lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=Texas Rescue;163200]I've read this about 10 times (5 out loud) and I still can't decide if this is a serious question or if [B]it's a joke[/B].

Either way, thank you for the laughs sir.[/QUOTE]

He did it...

[IMG]http://phillieslongdrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lulz.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

2LT and 1LT.. I dont think this is the proper forum for a pissing match, the question was only asked because like most NG soldiers they have realized that the Guard does not offer all of the benefits that being Active Duty would and are merely trying to fix which ever mistakes they have made and quickly. And I would advise to not be heavily intoxicated before posting your personal opinions on public forums which show rank and or your affliation to the military.. Just a thought.

Comment

[QUOTE=CPLWho?!?!?;166180]2LT and 1LT.. I dont think this is the proper forum for a pissing match, the question was only asked because like most NG soldiers they have realized that the Guard does not offer all of the benefits that being Active Duty would and are merely trying to fix which ever mistakes they have made and quickly. And I would advise to not be heavily intoxicated before posting your personal opinions on public forums which show rank and or your affliation to the military.. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

..Shush...

Comment

Roger SSG, was only pointing out the obvious. request to recover?

Comment

[QUOTE=CPLWho?!?!?;166184]Roger SSG, was only pointing out the obvious. request to recover?[/QUOTE]

..Recover..

Comment

Working...
                                X