Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News for RE-4's

[SIZE="3"]Hello all,

Since I know people like good news I felt it was appropriate to tell everyone thats waiting on a waiver to keep having good thoughts. I had submitted my packet in late December and just today I completed my physical and consult and was cleared for duty. This Thursday, I will be going back to MEPS to get my finger prints done and choose my MOS. WOO WOO.:D

Just a quick little background on me.
    I had an RE-4 from the Navy. My sep code was JDA. and my discharge was Entry Level Separation (Uncharacterized).

To all the Officers and NCOs;

Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement. Even though I was silent on the forum, your posts were very knowledgeable and gave me hope that I would be given a second chance to serve our country.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by brownr43; April 8th, 2009, 12:38 AM.

Are you sure?

NGB said nobody from now on will contract if they require a waiver. PS Will only be allowed in in their previous MOS.

Or, was this lifted within the last few days?

Comment

As far as I know this seems to be my case qcomer. Unless I'm mistaken on how the process works.:confused:

Comment

[QUOTE=brownr43][SIZE="3"]Hello all,

Since I know people like good news I felt it was appropriate to tell everyone thats waiting on a waiver to keep having good thoughts. I had submitted my packet in late December and just today I completed my physical and consult and was cleared for duty. This Thursday, I will be going back to MEPS to get my finger prints done and choose my MOS. WOO WOO.:D

Just a quick little background on me.
        I had an RE-4 from the Navy. My sep code was JDA. and my discharge was Entry Level Separation (Uncharacterized).

To all the Officers and NCOs;

Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement. Even though I was silent on the forum, your posts were very knowledgeable and gave me hope that I would be given a second chance to serve our country.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I would be interest if this works...from a recruiting stand point this is a double no go

Comment

Have you actually visualized the waiver? Seen it for yourself as approved?

Comment

Maybe because all of his paperwork was being processed before the latest changes he was grandfathered????

Comment

That's what I'm hoping for. I am in a similar situation. But alot on here is sounding like even if by some way you do get a waiver approved, it is useless at MEPs.

Comment

[QUOTE=cfrmtex]Have you actually visualized the waiver? Seen it for yourself as approved?[/QUOTE]

cfrmtex, no unfortunately I haven't actually seen the waiver.

Comment

Tell us how you really feel PFC.
                  I'm happy for anyone who can fulfill their hopes of serving.
                  Not to metion I'm a 4Ber too.
                  Brorn43, you may want to ask to see it, good luck.

Comment

Okay....

So, you may be eligible to get a waiver. But, currently...you cannot enlist with a waiver.

So technically, yes...you can get a waiver but you cannot pass go at meps and sign a contract.

that waiver is good for up to 1 year, so...if they dont let you sign...keep copies of all the paperwork and if the window opens up for re-4s and waivers again within the year (say...October for example) make sure you present it then.

Comment

I am really curious to see if he actually got the waiver and if they allow him to enlist! (I hope the OP is a guy and not a girl sorry if I got it worng - would know if I could read their profile :-) )

Comment

cfrmtex;

I will definetly check on it to see if there is one and thanks.

robinpugs06;

your correct i'm a guy and tomorrow I should have an answer on if I can sign a contract.

Comment

WOW Congradulations Brown!!! I'm very happy for you and wish you the best of luck!!!!

PFCPiatt shame on you, you should be happy for Brown, don't have the attitude of if I can't have it then no one can, that doesn't help anyone!

Comment

Im not thinking like that NGB is. They said no waivers and if they are still letting people in with them, espicaly people who had their chance and messed up bad then NGB should have to let the rest of us in.

Comment

Perhaps it is a hoax's to get people railed up? Did it work? Maybe it was "grandfather" since he had everything in his package submitted and waiting on the wavier? Does a bear really excreate in the woods?:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X