Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

parents moving to another state..........

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • parents moving to another state..........

    My mom and dad are thinking about moving out-of-state while iam still in school and in the guard, i was wandering if I were to move with them would i be able to switch units and have my tuition paid for?...thanks

  • #2
    If you IST to the guard of another state, you come under their state benefits programs. So if you're living in, say, Illinois (which offers tuition free education at state colleges/universities) but move to California (which doesn't offer any sort of education benefits), you'd lose your state offered education benefits.

    As far as federal tuition assistance (FTA), you'll be eligible for that regardless of where you live.