Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAH or BAH Type II

Hello,

I am attending BOLC II [B]and[/B] BOLC III at Ft. Benning and was planning onl living off post. I have no dependants. I am in the National Guard with no prior-active duty time.

Am I eligible for BAH? Is it BAH type II or something like that? Is it the BAH rate for Columbus GA or the home station of my unit? Do I just need proof of the rent/mortgage when I arrive at BOLC II?

I know there were a few discussions on the boards but I couldnt find a definitive answer.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Citadel09]Am I eligible for BAH?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[QUOTE=Citadel09]Is it BAH type II or something like that?[/QUOTE]

No.

[QUOTE=Citadel09]Is it the BAH rate for Columbus GA or the home station of my unit?[/QUOTE]

Your address.

[QUOTE=Citadel09]Do I just need proof of the rent/mortgage when I arrive at BOLC II?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Comment

[quote=chd]Yes.

No.

Your address.

Yes.[/quote]

You get paid BAH without dependents rate based on your rank.

Comment

Roger that. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Make sure you are authorized to live off post before you sign any contracts.

Comment

BAH type I. If you are PCS'd based on the length of the stay then it's based on the address where you're at versus your house back home. That's always the case for flight school (unfortunately), and sometimes catches up folks with back to back schools. I know a guy going BOLC II/IOBC/Ranger that's being forced to PCS to Benning rather than doing each as TDY-return (cause there's not time off between) or TDY-enroute (cause it's all the same location).

Comment

Working...
            X