X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Getting DD214?

Well, I took the first step by talking to the NG recruiter yesterday. Unfortunately, I did not make to much head way because I have not been able to get my DD214. I've sent a request every month and they keep telling me my records are not on file. It's starting to get frustrating since I was discharged 9 months ago.

Has anyone else had this problem? How long does it normally take for them to get your records to St. Louis? :confused:

Maybe it's too soon since your discharge to have a copy in St Louis.

Your recruiter may be able to look up your re code.

Comment

[QUOTE=BornToRefuse]Well, I took the first step by talking to the NG recruiter yesterday. Unfortunately, I did not make to much head way because I have not been able to get my DD214. I've sent a request every month and they keep telling me my records are not on file. It's starting to get frustrating since I was discharged 9 months ago.

Has anyone else had this problem? How long does it normally take for them to get your records to St. Louis? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Have you checked AKO under iPERMS
      Should be thier

Comment

Why do you not have it in your possession and why did you not file it with your local county?

Comment

indeed

with it being that recent you should have a hard copy yourself. Depending on the narative reason you may have to wait longer to get in anyway.

Comment

It should be scanned into iPerms already. And if it hasnt been, then it should be as easy as contacting your last unit and getting a copy as they should be in possesion of it until its scanned in. Not many units clear out their files in a timely manner as they just dont have the man power and time to do it.

Comment

No access to AKO anymore, especially since it would be NKO for me.

Also, it's been 8 months now, according to the recruiter I have already past my 9 month window.

Comment

Why dont you have a hard copy with you. It is issued to all soldiers upon discharged from the army.

Comment

Well, I have my Army DD214, but not my Navy DD214.

Comment

[QUOTE=BornToRefuse]Well, I have my Army DD214, but not my Navy DD214.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you were discharged from the Navy Reserve before that the Army.
                    Not 100% sure but a Redds report could validate your time in the navy.

The turn around is about 4-5 working weeks
                    Last edited by Recruiter yosis; February 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Yes discharged the Navy Reserve and before that the Army. Navy Reserve was a joke so I want to go back to the Army side so I can actually serve instead of being refused for anything active duty and sitting in a room not being able to do my job.

Comment

BornToRefuse,

I am also prior Navy Reserve. I have been trying to get into the National
                        Guard for 3 1/2 years. All because I have been waiting for my DD214. I had to check with National Archives ****NOTHING***** I then had to check with Naval records. It too A LOT of phone calls and I finally got someone willing to spend 5 extra minutes looking and she was able to start processing. Within a month I received a discharge paper and my certificate for serving.

No one was able to find a DD214. I was told reserves do not get one. Some said they do. I don't know.

I do know that the discharge paper abled me to get the the 'process'.

Start with your Navy reserve Unit and make sure they do not have anything, if not ask them where they sent the paperwork, and then check Navy records. Hope this helps. If you need numbers or anything let me know. Just IM me. I will have to look them up. Good luck.

Comment

My recruiter didn't even need my DD214, b/c it didn't even have my rank, MSO, etc. And I had the wrong Re Code on the 214.

He went into Redds, and pulled up all the info he needed.

[QUOTE=Recruiter yosis]I'm assuming that you were discharged from the Navy Reserve before that the Army.
                          Not 100% sure but a Redds report could validate your time in the navy.

The turn around is about 4-5 working weeks[/QUOTE]

Comment

I know that they (recruiters) are able to pull certain things off the main system BUT (big BUT) mine was no where to be found. After, years.... no one had done the paperwork...I know that never happens right? LOL

Comment

[URL="http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html"]http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/index.html[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X