X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver for misconduct

I need to know if the regulation has changed which will not allow me to reenlist. I was discharged from the Army in 2004, general discharge, RE-Code 3, JKQ, misconduct. I later had the General discharged changed to a Honorable discharge and I have been trying to get back into the Army but I can not get one recruiter to sit down and let me know what needs to be done. I want to go in the ANG and I know I will need a waiver, please let me know if I have a chance of getting back in and what steps I need to take to make that happen. Thank you

The waiver is based on the RE-code not the type of discharge. Yes, an Other than Honorable is a no go as well but in your case, the Re-code is the issue.

Comment

I have an honorable discharge and I was told the RE Code 3 can be waived but the misconduct reason is really my question. I was told the regulation was changed and no one can get back in the service with a misconduct code. Is this true or not?

Comment

Yes, it varies from time to time. I am not a recruiter so I dont know what is currently in effect. Sometimes, the rules go that with an RE-3, a waiver can be given at the state level or it has to be done at National Guard Bureau level or its currently not being approved. You need to deal with the recruiter directly on this matter or a recruiter that posts on here might know.

Also the abbreviation for Army National Guard is ARNG. If you write ANG, you are specifying the Air Force (Air) National Guard.

Comment

I had the same RE code and the the same discharge of misconduct from Active. I have been back in for a year now. I don't know if the requirement is different for Nat. Gaurd because I am a reservist, but I would think it would be the same all around in the Army so IT IS possible. It took about 2 months with paperwork and writing letters and so forth but I had a good recruiter who made the process shorter than what it normally is for that entry code. I would say find a recruiter that will actually do the job, you'll know if he's stringing you along by hearing him say one phrase..."It's not possible"...because that's not true, he just may not want to put the work in. It is and Im actually in the process of going Active so keep trying if you really want back in and don't give up! Also, It is VERY Important that you have been doing the right thing since you been out and maintain that until you get in. If they feel you havnt changed then it COULD be a no go which does make sense. Just keep your nose clean!

Comment

[QUOTE=71L243A]I need to know if the regulation has changed which will not allow me to reenlist. I was discharged from the Army in 2004, general discharge, RE-Code 3, JKQ, misconduct. I later had the General discharged changed to a Honorable discharge and I have been trying to get back into the Army but I can not get one recruiter to sit down and let me know what needs to be done. I want to go in the ANG and I know I will need a waiver, please let me know if I have a chance of getting back in and what steps I need to take to make that happen. Thank you[/QUOTE]

We would be getting a waiver on the JKQ not the RE-3 . The RE-3 Requires a waiver yes but its the JKQ (or what is known as a SPF Code) that determines what level waiver you need, waiting periods and so forth.

Comment

Working...
            X