X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch from active Army to AGR?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to switch from active Army to active National Guard.
    I know I can reenlist into AGR, but I've been thinking about doing it sooner.
    Thanks for any help.

When I did it, I had to ets (you can enlist for the guard at ACAP center)then enlist into the guard for the para/line then put a packet in to become a recruiter.

Comment

The trick is first getting an AGR job, and then aligning the start date with your ETS from the active Army. It's almost impossible to do without a break in service, because AGR wasn't designed for you, it was designed for the traditional M-Day Guardsman.

Comment

I was thinking of recruiting duty, but not sure yet. My ETS isnt till '13, so I have some time to think.
        I like being in the Army, just not so much the being in Maryland instead of Florida part. When my reenlistment window opens I'm going to use that to try and get a slot in Florida, reenlist long enough to cover that tour, then ETS and go AGR.

Comment

Try for the corporal recruiting program. That is currently your best bet to get to the Everglades.

Comment

[QUOTE=matthew.ritchie]The trick is first getting an AGR job, and then aligning the start date with your ETS from the active Army. It's almost impossible to do without a break in service, because AGR wasn't designed for you, it was designed for the traditional M-Day Guardsman.[/QUOTE]

Mine was about 2-3 months

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Try for the corporal recruiting program. That is currently your best bet to get to the Everglades.[/QUOTE]

The Evergaldes?
              Is that out in the middle of nowhere south central FL? South of the lake?

Comment

[QUOTE=Recruiter yosis]Mine was about 2-3 months[/QUOTE]

That wouldnt be so bad if I could line it up far enough in advance. Takes a month to ACAP anyway.

Comment

yea just take some teminal leave as well...and save up some loot so even if you have to go a few weeks without pay you'll be covered

Comment

[QUOTE=chriswellner]That wouldnt be so bad if I could line it up far enough in advance. Takes a month to ACAP anyway.[/QUOTE]

It takes a week. Your command if allowed then yes a month. Since ACAP is online with AKO, I would not know if they are going to say "do it on your time".

With my ACAP from active (back in 03') they gave me a week plus I was clearing as well. So one week is good unless you don't have a CV/resume.
                    I didn't have ACAP when I left AGR .

Then if I was you,about 18mos from ETS start getting your CV/resume ready.Go to RecruitMilitary.com or civilianjobs.com.I work at civilianjobs.com and we have "people" that rewrite your resume but you have to have something.Its FREE to you.

I just call companies to find out if they are hiring

This company has thier own job fairs with companies that are going to hire on the spot. All you pay for is a hotel and food.

And No I AM NOT A BOT. I think its a good deal and everyone should know about.
                    Last edited by Recruiter yosis; January 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I think I had 11 days to clear, and I cleared in the first 2 days and sat in my room and didn't show up to work the other 9:p

Our platoon daddy was cool, so he didn't give a darn

Comment

lol My old platoon daddy on active would show up (sometimes) for pt then we would see about 1pm to check in then he would finish his round of golf.

Comment

[QUOTE=abninf05]I think I had 11 days to clear, and I cleared in the first 2 days and sat in my room and didn't show up to work the other 9:p

Our platoon daddy was cool, so he didn't give a darn[/QUOTE]

From what Ive seen in my unit, guys will say theyre clearing and just milk it for a month. Our leadership is pretty relaxed for soldiers ETSing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Recruiter yosis]
                            With my ACAP from active (back in 03') they gave me a week plus I was clearing as well. So one week is good unless you don't have a CV/resume.
                            I didn't have ACAP when I left AGR .

Then if I was you,about 18mos from ETS start getting your CV/resume ready.Go to RecruitMilitary.com or civilianjobs.com.I work at civilianjobs.com and we have "people" that rewrite your resume but you have to have something.Its FREE to you.

I just call companies to find out if they are hiring

This company has thier own job fairs with companies that are going to hire on the spot. All you pay for is a hotel and food.

[/QUOTE]

Thats some good info. Hopefully Ill remember it by the time I ETS.

Comment

I'll be here

Comment

Working...
                              X