X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaining Weight

Hey all i keep reading on how to loss weight but i'm a bit of a smaller guy. I have no problem working out everyday and always going. I have a crazy fast metabolism. So i gain like no weight when i eat.

Anyone recommend how much, often, and what, i should eat?

Re: Gaining Weight

For me, carb loading did it. I ate as much pasta, oats, and rice as possible. If you are having as much trouble gaining weight as you say, don't be afraid to eat everything in sight.

Comment

My recommendation is to turn 30. That did it for me.

Enjoy it while you can, baby.

Comment

[QUOTE=matthew.ritchie]My recommendation is to turn 30. That did it for me.

Enjoy it while you can, baby.[/QUOTE]

LOl...Great advice! That worked for me too!:D

Comment

I'm a late bloomer, 33 did it for me!

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]I'm a late bloomer, 33 did it for me![/QUOTE]
            I was an early bloomer :D by 8th grade I was 6'1" and 230# :D Now 34 and 215 today. Lots of carbs + less activity = MASSIVE WEIGHT GAIN

Comment

[QUOTE=PFC Lowe]For me, carb loading did it. I ate as much pasta, oats, and rice as possible. If you are having as much trouble gaining weight as you say, don't be afraid to eat everything in sight.[/QUOTE]

That'll work. Load up on a high carb/protein diet and hit the weights.

Comment

I totally concur with Mathew Richie. Since I've turned 30 it seems harder and harder to drop weight. But I've also been turning my fat weight into lean muscle mass. I haven't dropped weight, but in the last 5 months I've gone from 24% body fat to 19% so at least I know I'm doing something. But I also concur with the high carb/high protein diets as well. I used to be a personal trainer/diet counsilor and have trained people with your type of metabolism. I wouldn't do the eat everything in sight, you still need to eat healthy even if you are metabolizing what you are eating. Good lean proteins, a lot of brown rice, wheat pasta, couscous and red potatoes are a good start. You could also get a weight gainer powder from places like GNC if you have one close by or Hi Health. They mix in your drink like a shake and produce anywhere from 1500 to 2000 calories by themselves. Just a thought

Comment

Weight gain powders are good in a pinch, but the down side is the price. Most 6 pound jugs are only 10-15 servings. One good thing about them though is it is a good way to add a lot of extra calories without filling up. Don't rely on these powders as your only means of calories. Food is full of nutrients that your body needs that these powders lack.

As far as which powder, don't be scared to get one with a lot of sugar. If you are having this much trouble gaining weight then you won't have a problem with it. Also, when looking at powders, don't just look at how many calories per serving. Not all gainers have the same serving size so the one that boasts 1000 calories might require you to take twice as much powder as the 500 calorie one. I suggest shopping on [url]www.bodybuilding.com[/url] . I work in the sports nutrition field and most of the products I have bought on there are slightly at wholesale prices and some are even lower.

Comment

While away from home and having little control over what I picked to eat, I put on 10 pounds in a 5 week period. Of pure fat, at that. If you want to know the secret, buy my book... PM me for details.

Comment

Deploy. KBR will take care of ya.

Comment

[QUOTE=dsrtshrk]I totally concur with Mathew Richie. [/QUOTE]

Major Ritchie;)

Comment

[QUOTE=CPT Burritt]Deploy. KBR will take care of ya.[/QUOTE]

I know this was a joke, but do the soldiers eat as good as the mercs? Is food all provided by the same people?

Comment

If you're a smoker....quit. That will help pack on the pounds. Well for me it did.

Comment

I fully agree with lookingforthehorizon.
                              There is no proble with gaining weight or loosing weight.
                              If any one can use calories with his physical work.

Comment

Working...
                              X